New CD player wont work!

Username: Happycabbage

Post Number: 1
My husband and I bought an 84 Bronco II a few months ago. For a bit of
background, it had a factory radio, not even a tape player. And it worked
fine, but didnt light up at all (neither do the floor shifter, back-up lights etc). When we did some light off-roading the lights flickered on and off. And now theyve stopped completely.

I just installed the new cd player we bought and it wont even turn on. Nothing at all. Is it more likely to be something I did wrong or is it probably related to the whatever stopped the old radio from lighting up? I bought the kit and it was so straight forward I dont see what I could have done wrong. Fuses are fine, ground wire is nicely attached to the body and I even tried the reset button a few times. Im stumped!

Thanks for any help,

Jessica

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1731
As long as your ground is good, it's probably the wiring problem you're experiencing with the Bronco.
It sounds like you have bad wiring somewhere causing an intermittant connection.
Tracing that down is going to be a good project.

What possessed you to buy a Ford in teh first place?
haha

Username: Tyblu

Post Number: 2
Should be wiring the constant ("battery memory", "battery", "always-on", RED, etc) straight to the battery then the ignition ("power", "turn-on", "ignition power", etc) straight to ignition breaker near the fuse box. If it doesn't work then, then your Bronco shouldn't even be starting.

Strong probability is that one of the fusible links, a wire in the wiring harness near the battery, is burned mostly through. Something shorted out long enough to blow through most of it, so now it's making contact when it gets knocked back together. Can probably find an electrical schematic of your vehicle's engine compartment fairly easily.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us