Choosing best speakers and amp

Username: Phergus

Atl, Ga

Post Number: 1
I am looking to get 6.5 component speakers and then 6x9s for the back of my 1998 Honda Accord. I recently installed a Alpine CDA-9884, I think, head unit. It really made the stock speakers sound better but I want to do it right. I have been looking at the Infinity Perfect series and also the fosgate power series. My problem is finding good 6x9s. So my question is what speaker system would you run and what amp would you push em with. the RF Power amp costs 500 so I dont see doin that. thanks
-greg

Bronze Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 16
If it is necessary to use rear fill i wouldnt go 6x9 i would go 6.5s, there gunna give you better SQ. The infinity Perfect series are nice speakers too.

For an amp, it depends on how much money you want to spend; like everyone around here says, you get what you pay for. Your gunna need to power 4 speakers so you could use two 2 channels or one 4 channel amp. You might be able to find good prices on ebay for amps in your price range.

Atl, Ga

Post Number: 2
After reading up on the diffrences between 6x9s and 6.5s I'm thinking about getting these 6.5s in the front and the back. http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=12488 I will probibly look on e-bay btu are these a nice pair? thanks
-greg

Atl, Ga

Post Number: 3
Ok reading some more I see that the absence of 6x9s wont have much bass. I dont know how much of a sound quality diffrence will it be?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Well if your going to do it right, then you should have some sub(s) for the low end anyways, this would only leave midbass for the 6.5s, which is what they are built for really.

If your going for just all speakers and no subs, I think the 6.5s will do just fine bass wise if they are amped.

Hope that helps

Atl, Ga

Post Number: 6
I am eventually gonna amp the speakers and get a good sub.but I'm looking at getting two sets of CDT Audio CL-61A I hear good things about them

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Good choice, especially for the money. I dont think you'll be disappointed especially once they are amped:-)

Unregistered guest
Alright guys, This is the last time i ask for an amp match for the kappa perfect 6.1. just a yes or no for good match is all i need? Kicker KX550.2 1100 Watts 2 Channels and Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1? Any comments are appreciated. Thanks

Unregistered guest
Alright guys, This is the last time i ask for an amp match for the kappa perfect 6.1. just a yes or no for good match is all i need? Kicker KX550.2 1100 Watts 2 Channels and Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1? Any comments are appreciated. Thanks

Unregistered guest
correction - MTX TA3404 4-CH THUNDER, my mistake

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10370
for perfect 6.1s, they do great with about 100-125 watts per channel.
that's about all you need to feed them. any more and you will probably end up damaging them at some point.

I don't know what you like in aesthetics, so any decent brand of amp that's around 100x2 @ 4 ohms, class AB (full range), and has a high pass filter built in to block bass from your comps, and you're in good shape.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us