What are "Subwoofer preamp outputs"?

Anonymous

.... i plan on gettin a hu that it says it has no subwoofer preamp outputs. does this mean i cant hook up an external amp to it? im new to this

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 198
also how should the gain be set on my amp with 2.2 volts of preamp voltage?

Silver Member

Benicia, California

Post Number: 199
haha aw now i feel stupid because i made myself anonymous on the first one but not the second.. :-(
oh well LMAO

RFINF
Unregistered guest
Matt,

No preouts means that you don't have any RCA lines leaving your HU to run to an external amp. However, there are ways (I believe) to hook up amps without preouts, just research a little. I would HIGHLY recommend that you exchange your HU for one that has preouts because they will save you a lot of pain and time.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1128
that just means you won't have a separate channel for your sub, it will be on the rear channel. put your gain to 2.2v, should be on the lower to lower-middle of your gain.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1129
on my first HU with only 2 pre-outs, when i faded the music all the way to the back, it would only play my sub.

now that i have a HU with a sub pre-out, when i fade the music all the way to the back, it plays it out of my rear speakers, and you have to go into the audio menu to turn the sub off b/c it has its own channel.:-)

Silver Member

Benicia, California

Post Number: 203
oh ok thanks muddy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us