Is this good

hondarider
Unregistered guest
Is this a good amp?

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13731

hondarider
Unregistered guest
And if its not what amp do u recommend for 2 12 inch cerwin vega v-maxs?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1076
it will work for the V-max's, but pioneer is known for their HU's. check out Kicker's KX600.1:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Tj80

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 33
As long as it's the single voice coil version, it should be okay... I don't know much about Pioneer amps and their quality so I won't address that... but as long as you can make a 2 ohm load, this amp will be (according to them) putting out 600 watts which fits fine with the specs on the subs.

If you have the dual voice coil versions, you'll end up with a 4 ohm or 1 ohm load, which won't work well for this amp, since it's not 1 ohm stable, and only puts out 300watts @ 4ohms.

hondarider
Unregistered guest
is there other 600 watt rms amps for under $300?

hondarider
Unregistered guest
or would this be better than the pioneer?

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14473

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1079
i would definitely go with that one over the pioneer.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 520
Er - a bunch of us myself included mentioned in somebody elses thread recently posted that SoundStream is now being made by the very same company that manufactures Power Acoustik !

How i found out was that i was about to order a SS cap online & the sales rep told me that. 2 wks after (last wk) the guys mentioned it too ,so u know its true ....

What voice coil configuration does your subs have ? its very important to know that .......

Bronze Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 24
You can find the alpine v-12 monoblocks that is 2ohm stable for a little over 200, just look on ebay... I am not a fan on ebay, alot of companies do not warranty product bought from ebay. Just do research first.

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 613
Rovin, are you saying that ALL the newer SS are on the junk side?

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 526
I have not used them (was about to buy some 6.5" comp from SS) but since alot of respected guys on this forum advises new SS are not in the same high class standard as they used to yrs ago - then i would take their good recommendations & not gamble with my $ .
Thing is SS & PA are overated products ...

Is this the sub u own ?
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13949

or this 1 ?
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13950

Either way both subs need 600wrms & i personally would choose say a 1000wrms amp which would leave plenty of overhead so your amp will run effortlessly & cool ....

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10164
SS = soundstream? (didn't read the whole thread)
soundstream is owned by power acoustik now.. they went seriously downhill since that buyout.
for what its worth.
not as bad as pyramid etc.. but probably in there with the low end "marginally acceptable" range like audiobahn and hifonics, etc.. about the cheapest stuff you'd want to consider spending money for.

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 616
Man and they used to be such a good amp!

Bronze Member
Username: Gavbo211

US

Post Number: 76
Dont diss that amp he posted though it was the last line of amps made when Soundstream was still good aka it was the last line of amps made by them in the U.S. before they started manufacturing overseas. ask mikechec9 he will tell u all about it.+

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 618
I posted awhile back on the Soundstream I have, and got NO responsed, so I looked around myself on that amp, but couldn't really find anything bad about it, and seeing I owned one in the 90's, hell I figured it should be ok. Now I see I spent $400 on a boat anchor!!! GRRRRR!

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10238
if it makes you happy and does what you want, then who cares if someone else likes it

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 619
Well I don't know if it will now, as I haven't gotten it yet! It will be pushing a 15" RE SX so I wanted it to sound good. I don't care really what other people think, but I take advice.

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 621
^^ that sounded a little harsh, I do care what people think when they have knowledge and advice to give!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us