Alpine type x 12in

Username: Bigal8thomas

Post Number: 2
just put alpine type x 12 in expedietion in a ported box 2.0 on a kicker1200.1 gain turn only a 1/3 up on friday. now i am sending the speakers back to alpine because they are popping and i didnt even crank the m up at all. anybody had probs with these subs

Bronze Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 58
You are underpowering the sub by like 400 rms. I think, they only come in dvc 4ohm and that means you can wire it down to 2 ohm, so you might have hurt the sub by underpowering it. My friend has one and his still sound very good, no problems.

Bronze Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

Post Number: 26
yeah i agree i have 2 12" type Xs with 2000watts rms on them and they sound amazing even in a ported box. When u get everything right it will explode in an expedition...i have a mountianeer and there very load and accurate.

Post Number: 3
no i only had the gain turned down because i heard that you have to break them in but the were poping like a voice coil was baad. they were wired at a 2 ohm load and they hit real good was very impressed but when i went to put neon in the box i heard the speaker popping

Bronze Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 62
You might have shorted something when you hooked up the neon, maybe you put the ground wire wrong or something.

Post Number: 4
nah i havent put the neon in yet i was just looking but i have heard a couple of stories about these blowing out from the start. i wante a w7 but didn't have w7 money

Post Number: 5
nah i havent put the neon in yet i was just looking but i have heard a couple of stories about these blowing out from the start. i wante a w7 but didn't have w7 money

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 139
if you like the w7 you should go w/ the w6v2 if it's in your price range.

Post Number: 7
i dont think the w6 will hold the power. i have a kicker 1200.1 and i want to use it to its best ability. i couls go with punch power t2or3 but really dont like punch anymore

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 141
so you just want one sub.

Post Number: 8
yeah only 1 sub i didnt take the third seat out still need room for boys football equipment. got a old kicker competion that i put in the box just for fun tryig to blow it out but it hasn't blown yet no popping or nothing. so i know something was wrong with the alpine
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us