Best Amp For Infinity Perfects??

Unregistered guest
Any one have any opinion's on what's the best Amp to use for the infinity perfect's 6.5 for $200 or less?

Bronze Member
Username: Maz66

Post Number: 25
I picked up a used Zapco Reference 350.2 for about $200 off eBay and while ago its rated at 2 x 100wrms into 4ohms however Zapco underrates their power figures so in reality its probably in the order of 115 - 125 wrms which is good because from what I've heard Perfects are power hungry. Hope that helps.

Unregistered guest
Thanks Maverick, I tried to find an amp rated at 2x100RMS at 4ohms on ebay but i couldnt find any luck.. this one looks like a keeper.

Unregistered guest
I could'nt find this model on Ebay.. All i hear about on this site is that the perfect's are the best way to go, any one know any good amps to power them with?
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 319
most people will tell you to look into old ppi art series. they say they are some of the best sq amps made.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
It took me a few weeks to find a Zapco Reference 350 on eBay but if you are willing to wait a while it will be a very nice amp for your perfects if you can get it for around $200. With Zapcos on ebay you just have to be a bit patient for the model you want to come up.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Here's one that popped up half a day ago, looks nice and clean too. 5809608968 (just paste the code in the ebay search bar). Hope that helps

Unregistered guest
Hey guys, i had no luck on that zapco, it was already bought by the time i checked it out. Thanks for finding one tho, I apreciate it. Im still lookin around just to check out my options and i stumbled apon a MTX MXA4002 New 400 Watt Amp. Any thoughts or Sujestions? Any one?
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 640
how about a jl 300/2...new for about $280 or less if you want used. 150 watts x 2 @ 4 ohms...more than enough for your power hungry perfects.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 348
http://cgi.ebay.com/JL-AUDIO-300-2-SLASH-SERIES-AMP-2-CHANNEL-AMPLIFIER-NEW_W0QQ itemZ5808844930QQcategoryZ18796QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
How about an Xtant 2200i (ebay: 5810317651) 2 x 100wrms @4ohms. Xtant is more known for their subwoofer amps but being Xtant(pre-MTX buyout) this looks like an awesome buy and they go for cheap too about $100 on ebay. If you miss this one, just wait a couple of days because the seller seems to put more of them on every week. Maybe I should have gotten this instead of my Zapco 350.2.... Oh well maybe next time.

Unregistered guest
Although those are really nice amps, thier a little out of my price range. I have around $200 to spend on an amp. I found a MTX TA3404 4-CH THUNDER AMPLIFIER AMP XTANT TA 3404 NEW for $199.00. This sounds like a really nice amp for what ive read, but some sites say its a class D amp, Although it has 200watts RMS, 2 channels and is rated at 4ohms. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks Guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us