Hey guys, check out this crap about PPI amps and laugh!!!

Silver Member
Username: Jbailey

Indianapolis, Indiana

Post Number: 161
I emailed one of the reps for DEI to try and get some specs on a PPI AX400 art series amp, and after a couple email exchanges I asked the question of whether the amps had regulated power supplies and also if they were typically underrated by the company. The response I got just made me shake my head and laugh, although I really didn't expect any different considering that DEI is obviously trying to boast about their current products. Anyway read the response I got below and tell me what you think. I can't believe this guy can even write this with a clear conscience.

"These amps (all Art series) were underrated slightly, but the problem is that the power supplies are not designed to handle the amount of power that the output section is capable of. The weakest link in all PPI amps before Directed Electronics aquired them through the purchase of ADST was in the power supply section. Consequently, all current PPI amps are far superior and more reliable than older designs. All we did engineering wise was use higher quality components with closer tolerances and "grow" the power supply section of all of the amps."

Username: Oldschoolgigalo

KETTERING, OHIO UNITED STATES

Post Number: 1
can u(OR other members who STILL HAS A LATE MODEL 7 BAND CLARION EQUALIZER en-3391 model STILL WORKING)?EMAIL ME BACK HOW TO REWIRE/UPDATE THE 2 BLACK PLUGS in the back/what they go to?1 has 6 pins,the other has 7 pins,And has places for DETACHABLE HARNESS IN BACK(I need all that info as well what those terminals go to as well)-I know I could REWIRE PLUGS TO UPDATE TO RCA AND SPADE TERMINALS,This classic late 1970s model has 2 INDEPENDANT YELLOW L.E.D CHANNEL LEFT/RIGHT BALENCE POWER INDICATERS in the front at the top.Members who can help EMAIL ME BACK AT:shiffle2@hotmail.com-I WANT TO HEAR THIS RELIC WORK AGAIN...

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 497
Well i never have used any PPI amps but its been said their older stuff was better than newer stuff (before they were bought over ) - right ?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10066
Justin, if you want a better contact person to speak with at DEI, e-mail me off-forum and I'll put you in touch with someone I know at DEI who's worked with them since they were PPI/ADST/DEI.
The power supplies have been upgraded through each phase of the PPI amplifier generations, including the true "art" series (A series) up through the amps like the 600 and 1200, and the .2 amplifiers.
I'm not as familiar with the schematics of the newer PCX models though, myself.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 1864
I have a PCX-480 which I've been very happy with, both SQ and aesthetics. The newer ones look horrible but I haven't heard them yet.

Silver Member
Username: Jbailey

Indianapolis, Indiana

Post Number: 162
Hey Glass, I would appreciate that. Not sure how to email you off-forum, so I guess you can just email me at jrbaileyindy@comcast.net

Thanks again buddy.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10096
sent
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us