So, I need some help on decideing for my new system

Username: 84k

Eagan, MN USA

Post Number: 1
Ok, heres what I want to do... First of all I ahve a head unit already... A Blaupunkt MP3000 (MP3 Deck). Now that I have that I want to go a little bigger... Heres what I am thinking of buying at first...

The Alpine Type-R 10" Subwoofer which includes the custom ported box made for the sub.(Alpine SBR-102CR) http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13204
this handles max 1000W and 300RMS

Also i am thinking of gettign some rear speakers to put in place of my factory ones. The ones I am looking at are the Blaupunkt 6.5 Overdrive series, which I found online for an AMAZING price...
http://www.themegasale.com/browse.cfm/4,2087.html
they handle 200W Max

I would like to power both the sub and the speakers... I just have no clue what kind of amp to get... If I can just get one amp to power the speakers and the sub or what... and how much i should power them to. Any and all suggustions would be greatly appricated. Then what will i need to complete the set-up... and if you think a cap would be a good idea or not needed for this system... thanx - Josh

Anonymous

Go JL all the way. Get a 10W7 with a jl box. Get a 500/1 amp and the XR650 component system and a 300/4 hooked up to your clarity

Username: 8trackkid

San Luis Obispo, Ca USA

Post Number: 6
Hey Josh,
If you need to save some money...

If you have stock speakers in the front, definately take the Blaupunkt's and put them up front. Leave the stock rear speakers hooked to the deck for rear fill (or get rid of them). Get some bass-blockers or cheap caps to x-over the front speakers. If you can afford an amp for the front speakers, go ahead and get an inexpensive JBL or other low power amp on Ebay (50x2). If you cant afford the amp, the Blaupunkt's are bi-ampable (leads for both the mid and tweeter), so just hook up the front deck channels to the tweets and the rear channels to the mids.

Then buy a dedicated sub(s) and amp, and off you go. If you can afford the best, then buy what the last poster recommended. Hope this helps.

I
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us