Really really new and bought some stuffs I don't even know..

Username: Yada

Post Number: 1
I bought an MTX 2301 I believe from flea market with C4 dual Woofers 700w each. It has really nice clear plastics and it got me attracted heheh, the set I got total was $200, I called my bro to check ebay prices before I bought so it wasn't much of a rip off. But i'm totally new at this and it would be a first time installing an amp and woofers.

The question I wanted to ask is. Should I buy better front speakers for my (tracker 2000 4d, lol I know not a very pimping car) and run this amp through it? or should I just use it to power the dual 700w woofers? I read the specs on the site and it seems like it only outputs 300w 2 channels?

From what i've been reading from this site (btw great site for a beginner) is that rear speakers aren't so much of an important factor so i'll probaly just disconnect them.

And what would you guys recommend for the front 2 speakers? in the budget range of about $150, that will work decently with this amp? The same guy also had a couple of Jensen jx265 speakers that he plugged it in for me to listen and at $20 each I can tell that they're much better than the stock on the car. But I think I want something a little more than $20 each since most of my music listening isn't really heavy woofers style banging. But I'd really like to have good quality sound.

Thank you for reading, I know a bit long of a post heheheh

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 484
Your amp is a MONO amp = 1 channel ,meaning its strictly for subs .

150 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (300 watts x 1 at 2 ohms)

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=15172

Give us the exact model number of your subs - can't find it with google .

Infinity Ref 6.5 are pretty cheap @ about $100/pair

Upload

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 485
Infinity Components speakers that is like these if 6.5 can fit

http://sonicelectronix.com/viewcat.php?show_thumbnails=1&show_description=1&id=29&car_only=&page=1&manufacturer=40&new_page=1

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=15348

Upload

Post Number: 2
Cool, I've been reading a lot on the speakers forum also. It does seems like a lot of people prefer the infinity, must be a favorite among many. The Subs I got is an box with holes coming out of it. Inside is "two Califorinia U.S.A C4 700Watts Woofers, the damn thing is really heavy, I can barely lift it my self"

Thank you for the reponses, today is the day i'm going to try to hook it up, hope I don't burn my car down lol.

Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 4
The car calls for 5" in the front, 5.25" in rear. I would go with the infinity, and put them on a 4channel amp(good amp), subs in that may drown out highs due to location of rear speakers

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 512
Even though the holes are eg 5/5.25 u can fit bigger speakers by making a spacer/riser to hold it - note the speaker will be sitting higher than the surface .

Infinity is very good for the price ranging $100-400/pair when some other brands like Morel,Dyn,CDT,MB quart,Rainbow etc are eye popping $ like 4 digit$.

A 4 chan is a great idea like Ty says ....

Post Number: 3
ya the car does seem kinda small when I put this huge sub in it, i'm not really a big fan of super high bass banging lol, but I do want a decent amount to fill in for the range.

Also I am currently using a Phoenix Digital 363 for a player, I do not believe this is a good cd player at all, what are some of the recommendation for a good player with sub output? I have an Aiwa player CDC-MP3YU that I really like but it doesn't have sub output, is there a way to hook this into a sub? like 2 sets of wires for frnot and the 2 other set for sub?

Bronze Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 21
If you are not looking for alot of base, then using 12's is too much, you could have gotten away with an infinity baselink.I have one in wifes car,(01 Altima) sounds great for what she wanted, some base and her space in the trunk. And it comes amplified. Then use any mid level radio. i prefer Panasonic, pioneer( for cost wise), then clarion, just make sure is has 3 rca outputs.

Post Number: 4
wow I just hooked up my system today, took me a long time lol I guess there's a first for everything. And you're right, this MTX and the woofers are putting out more than I can possibly want, The gain is at 100mv and i barely have any desire to go higher. It does give the car a smooth feel for certain type of music though.

Another question I have is, the right thing to do is cut the bass coming out to the front speakers and let the woofer take care of it correct? that way you do not get distortion when you crank the bass up from the front speakers. I noticed when I go high enough, my front speakers are starting to distort the sound a bit.

Thank you for all the helps guys, been great reading this forum :p

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 516
Now don't u feel proud u can tell everybody u did it your self .......

yes - the bass should be mainly coming from your subs . A little fine tuning is needed by adjusting your gains HP/LP adjustments on your amps etc .

U mean to rec a good cd/mp3 deck for u ? - Pioneer premier 860 is the 1 alot of the guys use on this forum & i also intend to get 1 very soon too . Priced from $310 & up
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us