Jeep Wrangler System Build

Username: Rearden_metal

Post Number: 1
I have been reading through a lot of comments and suggestions over the past couple of days and I would like to get a recommendation on a system for my Jeep Wrangler.

I am pretty much decided on the Infinity Perfect 6.1s for the front, and a 10" sub under the seat.

One question is what is a good value for a 10" sub, only 1.0 cubic foot and 5.25" mounting depth to work with. I am not a bass junkie, but I want enough to fill out the sound.

Second question is I am a novice at this and would be installing for the first time. What amps, crossovers, wiring, etc. will I need to run this setup?

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 545
I'm not sure on a 10 with that mounting depth, but be really carful putting a system in a wrangler with the zipper windows. This kid I knew had his system jacked when he went into best buy for a few minutes. Not only that, but they completely destroyed his center stack.

Username: Rearden_metal

Post Number: 3
Thanks scuba, I will be careful, but my head unit is not too exciting looking and the sub will be mounted into the rear seat - ie. you won't be able to see it. I am not a bass junkie so I won't be ripping the bass to show off.

With that said, I really need help with the amp - the sub I will figure out on my own. Assuming I run 500W RMS to the sub and @125W RMS to the Perfects, which amp is good?

Silver Member
Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 108
i have a jeep wrangler with 4 fours in the dash, 2 6.5's in the over head sound bar and two 12's in a custom box in the trunk. the box is slightly less than 2cu ft. my two amps are under the box which is bolted into the side walls from the inside. you cant get to the amps unless you get the box out. anything can be stolen, but this makes it a little harder though. that being said, now i have no trunk so it makes it a little harder to shop at costco.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us