Clarion DXZ855MP vs Premier DEH-P860MP

Username: Nikoncd

Post Number: 8
I am looking at purchasing a new HU - Saw all the great hype over the Premier 860 (I was looking at the P80, but the single didn't attract me) and I am leaning in that direction already. I saw this Clarion and thought it was worth taking a gander at. Anybody have exp with this or know anything about the model?

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 981
go with the 860.

that Clarion is a NICE HU, but i feel the features on the 860 are more in depth and there are more of them. and i also think the 860 will be cheaper.

Username: Nikoncd

Post Number: 9
Yeah, I was looking over the specs of the 860 and was really excited to see that 13 band-eq. How about the Clarion DXZ955MP - I really don't mind so much the cd-recording, but I thought Dolby decoding was something worth looking into. It offers a 3 band-eq oppose to the 855's 2-band. What do you guys think - off ebay the prices aren't much different between the Premier and the Clarion.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1578
The DXZ955MC would be a much nicer unit than both of those...the DXZ855MP doesn't have any type of high pass crossover and just a 2 band parametric EQ...

The DXZ955MC isn't more than 400 shipped off ebay-50 more than the 860. Definitely worth it.

As far as the original question goes, the 860 would be nicer in comparison to the 855MP.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 625
why would that be better? no crossover and only 2 bands of equalization? you want a crossover (especially since its totally adjustable in slope and frequency) and the more bands the better...13 is pretty damn good for a headunit.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1580
Yeah, that's what I was saying, not having a HPF and a limited Parametric EQ would make it less desirable.

The 13 bands are graphic EQ, not necessarily parametric (which offers easier manipulation of how you want the curve affected). Though the 955 only has three parametric bands...From what I've been reading, nobody uses the 13 bands on the 860 anyway; they leave it completely neutral.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1018
even in the preset EQ's, the sound is more detailed due to the HU's ability to manipulate more fequencies.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us