Orion hcca

Username: Waitn4

Post Number: 7
I was wondering what i should do to my hcca to run more power out of it. and i keep hearing about how great this thing is but just because it can go to a .5 ohm it has only 1600 watts rms. Im kind of a noob but i want more power MORE POWER!!

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 342
spend more cash

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9997
1600 watts RMS is a ton of power.. especially when you're talking about a class AB amplifier.
If you're not running at half an ohm with an HCCA amplifier though, or at 1 ohm bridged, you really aren't using the amp the way it's meant to be used.
If you want more power, look at going to a class D amplifier like an Orion 2500D.

If you're not impressed with that 2100hcca though, and it's in good shape, and works well, I'd be willing to make ya an offer for it :-) heh
Oh wait, does yours have a DIN plug on the side, or just RCA plugs?

Post Number: 8
just rcas and the thing runs fine, its been modified so that it has a fuses for each of the power channels. it has a plexiglass bottom and shows its long life but from a distance there is nothing noticable. i bought the thing on ebay a month ago and spent 500 on it, ironically i have used it for 2 days. if you are interested let me know.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10098
$500 was a lot for a 2100HCCA. I see them go left and right on eBay for under $300.
I need my Orions with the DIN connection though. Yours is apparently a G3 or G4 model, so it's a newer one.

anyway the HCCA amps are good, but only when you really have a need for one. If you're not running at a half ohm, you're better off with a different amp.

Post Number: 9
ya i bought it for 400 because at the time the ones i saw were going in the uper fives then i had to pay for shipping and to get a channel fixed so i ended up paying 5 for it and this is a g4 and im running at a half ohm for my subs at least i think i am, maybe one ohm but it doesnt really matter because im very impressed with my stuff. Ive never been able to max out my stuff with out any clipping or distortion. kudoz to eclipse for making such nice equipment, and of course it goes unstated, orion.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us