Right side Bose factory speakers not working in 95 Nissan Maxima

Username: Maxima

Post Number: 1
I have the original factory Bose system in my car & the right side front & rear speakers are not putting out any sound. Would a bad amp on either of the speakers cause both of these speakers to stop working? I would appreciate any help or advice. I took the door panel off & did not see any loose wires & checked the rear speaker for loose wires but they were also okay.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 520
hmmm, check the balance, it might have been put all the way left accidently

Post Number: 2
The balance is okay...works fine on left but no sound when turned to right. The individual amps on each speaker is what I wonder about. I wouldn't think the right speakers were wired together so that if one amp goes, both speakers stop working. I took the cover off the amp & looked at the green circuit board (for what I don't know because I know nothing about circuit boards) but didn't see anything that looked burnt. I was hoping that someone reading this has had the same problem with their Bose system & I could skip all the trial & error steps. Every Bose car stereo owner knows that eventually the channel/clock display completely disappears, the cd player starts to give ERR messages, etc. & I was hoping this was another common Bose problem.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4214
Try testing your speakers first. If you have a portable radio, use the ext out jack and connect it to the speakers. A signal generator would work also. Anything that can send out sound. Test the front and the rears. If you get sound, then you know the speakers work. Next thing you can do is take the output from your left and hook it to the right speakers. If that passes the test too, then the right channel is blown.
When you say "amp" are you talking about an external amp or the HU?

Post Number: 3
My Bose system has an amp mounted to each speaker. You mentioned the right channel maybe blown...I just had a new HU put in the car yesterday & the speakers still aren't working (weren't working with old HU either). My nephew has a working Bose speaker and I guess he'll test the right side with that tomorrow. I'll post the results. Also, thanks for the replies.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4215
If you're saying each speaker has an amp, then try bypassing it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us