HELP! replacing stock speakers on 04 Camry

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 1807
I recently got XM radio so am really enjoying tunes in my car (jazz, classical, some rock, zero rap or techno), but my stock speakers buzz whenever they're not muddying the bass. I have the bass turned down to -4 and it still distorts even at moderate volumes...annoying!

I'm not looking for audiophile quality sound, since I have 6 speakers and replacing them with 6 really high quality speakers is way out of my budget. I know that component speakers are way better than 6x9s but don't want to pay for them.

Adding a sub, an amp or even replacing the OEM head unit are all out of the question, I just want speakers that don't rattle and boom! My total budget is about $200-250 for 2 pairs of the 6x9s.

So I'm looking for 2 pairs of 6x9 speakers, currently looking at Infinty Reference 9612i speakers which are going on eBay for about $90 shipped a pair. The other Infinity speakers that fit my car are the Kappa 692.7i and 693.5i but I figure that if I keep the OEM head unit paying more for those higher models is probably wasted money.

If there are better speakers out there in the same price range, please let me know. Polk seems to be in the same price range as Infinity, how do they compare in terms of SQ?

Also would it be worth it to replace the 3.5" speakers on my dashboard? The Infinity REF 3012i and Kappa 32.7cf are $50-80 a pair but as it is I can barely hear the dashboard speakers right now anyways.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 1809
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us