Best: Dynaudio 340 / CDT HD-642 / DLS Iridium 6.2 / Morel MKII 6"

Silver Member
Username: Invictuz

Seattle, Wa Usa

Post Number: 152
After some answers to a previous thread regarding MB Quart or Focal components i have been lead to these sets:

DYNAUDIO SYSTEM 340
CDT HD-642
DLS Iridium 6.2
Morel Dotech MKII 6"

Of the above sets which offers the most accurate midbass and detailed highs?
I am looking for the quality audio reproduction that reveals the presence of vocals and other sounds you were unaware exsisted prior to the speaker installation?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9914
any of them would serve well. preference is up to your ears at that level of speaker.

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 879
due to personal experience, i would recommend the DLS Iridium 6.2's:-)

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4647
"I am looking for the quality audio reproduction that reveals the presence of vocals and other sounds you were unaware exsisted prior to the speaker installation?"

For that, I'd go with DLS and Dynaudio. Basically, based on my preference with them, I'd recommend you the Dynaudio 2 ways (System 240 Mk II, 240 GT, whatever size it takes, 240 Esotar if you've really got some money to spend :-)). For 3 ways, I'd go DLS if I had it to do over again. Main reasoning is because the 3" mid of the DLS crosses over at 300hz, which is easier to position in relation to the midbass driver, it also covers a wider frequency range. Other reasoning is that it uses a 12db/oct crossover, which keeps excursion constant as you go lower in frequency below the crossover point. The Dynaudio set uses a 1st order low pass filter, which is fine at lower levels, but can be a bit raw at high volumes due to the excursion.

Silver Member
Username: Jbailey

Indianapolis, Indiana

Post Number: 155
Hey Jon, can you check out my post in the amp section and give me your opinions on the amps I'm interested in. I would really like to hear your opinions. You certainly didn't lead me astray with the CDT HD comps. Thanks buddy.

The thread is "Hey Jon, Glass...Need help with amp decisions".
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us