Charging Capacitor

StephenP
Unregistered guest
I bought the capacitor awhile ago along with the the rest of the system but it has not been in a car for over a year. I need to know how to charge my 1 Farad capacitor. The thing to charge it is a small white thing with two wires coming out and i cannot remember what to do to charge it. I dont have the manual to show me how. Does anyone know what i need to do do charge it?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9849
connect the charging card, wire the card to a 12 volt source, and when the LED comes on, it's charged.
should take about 2 minutes

Bronze Member
Username: Vuyodaddy

Post Number: 26
Hahaha you said do do.

Bronze Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 18
wait can u explain this more in detail cause i have a capacitor also and it wont turn on i put the negative and positive to both terminals and my amp powers on but my amp wont send any power to my subs
the led on the capacitor wont go on
wat is the charge card .. the little white thing with the 2 wires (what is it called, the transductor or something like that)

rideredder
Unregistered guest
the light should dim and then go out when it is fully charged, but did it come with a charge card or a little lightbulb looking thing?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4295
Visit your local hardware store and get yourself a 12v light bulb. Connect that in series with the capacitor. When it's fully charged, the light will go out. Matter of seconds.
Very simple.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10343
if you don't know what you're doing and you can't RTFM, take the car ro a shop and pay a professional to do the work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us