Infinty amp

Username: Chadrn

Post Number: 10
I have 2 12" REF1240W Infinty subs and REF611A 600w Infinty amp. And when i have just one sub going its louder when both are going. Is it the amp thats the problem or is that i may have it set up wrong?

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 332
Could it be that 1 of your subs was wired wrong causing sound-wave cancellation of both ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Umm I dont know if thats the problem or not. But both subs work fine alone and when i have them both going its no where as loud. How should have it set up..someone has told me i need a Y wire...or is the amp,is it pushing it enough?

Silver Member
Username: Pikesh

Post Number: 177
WHat are is the rms of the amp?
how did you wire it?
how how many ohms are u giving?
or just tell mw how did u wire u subs and what is the RMS of ur amp so me or someone can tell u best way to bang those subs..+-

Silver Member

Post Number: 178
is this ur amp?http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Infinity-Mono-Channel-Amplifier-REF611A-/sem/rpsm /oid/119282/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

ALSO are ur subs SVC OR DVC? if you have SVC subs and this amp then you should put 2 ohms of load on your subs and they will BANG!!!
this is the power rating of ur amp
Power Output: 456 watts RMS x 1 channel at 4 ohms and ? 1% THD + N 657 watts RMS x 1 channel at 2 ohms, 14.4V supply and ? 1% THD + N
so if u paralell wire ur subs(if they areSVC) then you will be putting 2 ohms of load on them giving approximately 325 watts to your woffer so it will be 325 X 2 at 2ohms..

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 334
I serious feel u got em connected wrong - what i mean is that on each sub terminal that its getting the correct polarity .

Simply stated that + power is connected to the + speaker terminal & - to - .

If 1 sub is playing good & when u connect the other sub & the bass is just plain falls flat & dull sounding that most likely means a wrong polarity connection . Only takes ya 5 seconds to check that .....

Silver Member

Post Number: 180
lol yeah rovin that could be too ...:S how did u wire them...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
657 watts RMS x 1 channel at 2 ohms.I dont know a lot about how its set up..but i have wires from one sub going to the positive and negative on the outside places on the top.and the other sub is wired to the bottom one on the outside of it. thats probaly not how im supposed to say it but i dont know how.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 336
Well yes - u also need to look into what pikeshp is saying too .

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 337
Easiest way to tell is buy ear like i did last wk while doing an install for my bro-in-law , very simply if 1 sub by itself sounds more responsive than 2 hooked up - then your're an instant ticket winner !

Silver Member

Post Number: 181
i didnt get ne thing about how u wired ur sub:S this is the pic wire it this way...wire this way ONLY IF ur subs are SVC... meaning Single voice coil....

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Well how do i actually do that?im just learing this stuff so i need for it to be explained to me

Silver Member

Post Number: 182
lol ok well itdoesnt get simpler tha that... when i asked someone to explain me a pic that looked even complicated than this i wasnt told but w.e ill explain yah... since u have a mono amp therefore first u connect positive to sub#1 and negative to sub#1 from amp...a simple connection.. then frmo you sub#1 you connect Postive to postive and negative to negative of other sub#2 so its postive positive n neg- egative fmo amp then postive frmo sub#1 goes to sub#2 and so does negative... tell me i fu get this..

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 340
Chad - u need to go right now & unscrew your subs from your box & trace the wires all the way to your amp & get back to us ...ok

Look at 1 of your subs - if u see a single terminal where the 2 wires are attached then its a single voice coil sub - SVC .

If 4 wires are attached on 1 sub then its dual voice coil - DVC ......... go check it now !

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Ok i understand that the postive from one sub goes it to the postive part of the amp and the same for the negative...but there are 4 places(2 postive and 2 negative) to put the wires from the subs into the amp on top and 4 on the bottom.So which wires do i put in which holes?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Its SVC. there are two wires comming out of both sides of the box.is that what your asking for?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4632
The 4 places on top and on bottom are just for wiring simplicity. That being said, wire the subwoofers so that the polarity matches (pos of both of them go to a pos on the amp, same for negative). Make sure they're wired in parallel, which in your case would simply mean giving each sub it's own terminals on the amplifier. Or, you could simply disconnect one (and only one) of the subwoofers and reverse the polarity (swap + and -) to see if your condition improves.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us