Hey will this theory work

Bronze Member
Username: Wink07

Post Number: 15
Well im figureing that if you can hook a 1 channel(mono) amp to 2 speakers, can you hook a 2 channel amp to 4 speakers? it seems like it could work, but not sure, and if it would, how would it be wired?

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 847
yes you can.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
alright, now that its possiable, and you gave me a great diagram(which im not to sure if i understand) i have a aubiobahn A8002T 2 channel amp, and 2 pioneer TS-A6880R 6"x8" speakers, at 4 ohms, and 50 watt rms 240 max watt. and 2 6 1/2" pioneer TS-A1680R, at 4 ohms, and 50 watt rms 220 max wat. so, will this equiptment all fit together, and which diagram applys to me?

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 851
yes you can hook up two sets of speakers to a 2 channel amp. you would put one pair on one channel and one pair on the other. my 4 channel amp has my fronts on 1, my rears on another 1, and my last 2 channels are bridged to my sub.

those diagrams are for subs. you wouldn't want to hook up all your mids and highs together. or at least i wouldn't. i think the only way you COULD do it would be to hook them all up together and wire them to the amp which would be bridged, but it would create to low of an ohm load and would probably blow your speakers.or something like that.?

just wire each pair to 1 channel.:-)

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 852
Wait a minute. wouldn't u just wire them into the back of your HU, and then run RCA's to the amp!

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 853
i need to get back to the subwoofer forum! lol(if it wasn't messed up:-()

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
so wire the speakers to the head unit, and then run the rca to the amp, that would have my speakers not using my head units built in amp which isnt powerful enough, but using the audiobahn amp, right??

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 854
both. that is what the gain is for. to match the input voltage from the HU.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
alright, thanks for the info, i've got the ?'s answered for now, but be prepared for more ?'s when i actually install it ha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us