RDS

Username: Joelsplace

Post Number: 1
Does anyone besides Blaupunkt support RDS? I found one post on here that said Alpine did but I can't find anything about it on their site. I would like to have RDS, MP3 and WMA. The post also said RDS was worthless in the US but it seems to work great in the Dallas area. Most radio stations I listen to broadcast the station, artist and song title

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1539
Yeah, RDS is actually quite nice to a certain degree...I know for sure that Pioneer and Kenwood also have units supporting it, but they aren't cheap.

Post Number: 2
Any idea which models or where to find out? I can't find anything about it on their websites. Thanks, Joel

Post Number: 3
I just got an email back from Pioneer that says they don't support RDS currently.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1541
Then I suppose it was their older units that did...my DEX-P1R does...

For specific Kenwood models, you might want to grab a Crutchfield magazine or just check their website www.crutchfield.com The mp925 is the only model I can think of at the moment...

Post Number: 4
That one has it but is discontinued. I searched Crutchfield for RDS and didn't come up with anything that wasn't discontinued.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1542
I suppose it has become an outdated technology...

Post Number: 5
Is there something out that has replaced it? I would think that anyone that knew about it would want it... Or am I the only one that likes it?

Random Person
Unregistered guest
one modle of my kenwood decks has it...its the KDC-X817

Random Person
Unregistered guest
i also noticed in my dads 04 silverado ( how ever its spelled) that RDS is in it so it cant be too outdated

Gold Member

Post Number: 1544
Yeah, OEM headunits still have it...I almost never listen to FM...I'm usually listening to XM which already displays the name and artist of every song...

Post Number: 6
Does the KDC-X817 handle MP3 and WMA? Several Blaupunkt models have RDS and MP3 but no WMA. I read that RDS was actually fairly new but it seems that Kenwood and Pioneer have discontinued it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us