Glasswolf : Advise me on this Amp - please

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 312
Hey Glass - please check this out for me as you are on . I need a 4 channel amp to run 2 pairs of these
Infinity Reference 6000CS 6-1/2" & was wondering if this amp(Alpine MRV-F545)is a good choice & if it will power these sufficiently enough ? .... thanks

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9798
yeah for reference series that's a fine amp, although I'd grab a set of kappas or perfects for the front stage if you have a little extra money and shop ebay for a new pair

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 320
Ok ,thanks - I do know about those higher series comp - but the ref series is the amt of $ i'm willing to spend right now . Besides those 2 pairs should be plenty .

BTW : A few of the guys in other threads say that Alpine's current Amps are starting to slide/drop in quality - is that really true ?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9815
*shrug* I haven't had any trouble with them.

I've seen the perfect 6.1 sets on ebay for $200. The kappas are cheaper yet. It really is worth the money to get at least the kappas for fronts and refs for back.
I know exactly the difference myself, having run all REFs in my jeep briefly, then switching to Perfects in front.. with an amp, it's a total difference in the vocal ranges and highs.. much, much nicer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us