Don't Have a Clue, and I need HELP please!!!

Anonymous

I am in the process of trying to upgrade from the factory garbage in my car, and I don't really know what the hell I am doing. I have tried to get as much opinion on some of what I already bought, but would like to know if what I have is good, and would like to know what I will need that I don't have, such as possible amps, and if so, what kind, and do I need wiring harness, kits, etc.???? I have a friend installing this for me, and I would like to bring what I need. In the long run, I am looking for a clear sound with a little thump, but nothing that would make my bowels rupture when I drive down the road. If you can help, and give me your opinion/advice, I would appreciate it. Thanks! Here's what I already have.

PIONEER DEH-P7400MP receiver
INFINITY KAPPA 693.7i 6x9"
INFINITY KAPPA 462.5cfp 4x6"
BAZOOKA TVB-141 bass tube (I have a feeling this is garbage, but I don't know, and I am not sure if the amp is already installed)

Thanks again for your help!

Jack Frost
Unregistered guest
The pioneer deck you will be happy with.
If you want those speakers to rock then get a 4ch. amp from Phoenix Gold.
For bass I would not recommend Bazooka anything.
Get a single MTX or Rockford Fosgate 12" and you should get that thump you're looking for. Look for a sub around 400 RMS. Not a whole lot less though. And get an amp to fully power it. Again I recommend a Phoenix Gold amp.

In summary:
- Carside specific harness (for your car model and year)
- Wiring harness (also for your car model and year)
- two amp install kits (at the proper guages for your speakers and subs)
- two amps
- one 12" sub
- Box for your sub
- Sub speaker wire

That should do it. He should supply the tools.
Wait for some more responses to this also.

Anonymous

Thank you for your help. I will take your advice, and check into Phoenix Gold...I will also wait and see if others respond.

THanks again Jack frost!!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us