RF T5002 vs. Phoenix Gold X600.1

Rei_hiker
Unregistered guest
"Rockford Fosgate T5002" vs. "Phoenix Gold X600.1"

It'll be pushing one Rockford T112D2 (x600.1 @ 1ohm) or the T112D4 (T5002 @ 2ohms bridged).

The RF amp will give 500w RMS while th PG will give 600w RMS.

Check it out and post your thoughts, mainly which is better and why.

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 160
I'd choose the Phoenix Gold mono amp simply because it's a Class D amp and that RF amp is A/B. It may not make a huge difference, but that X600.1 will be more efficient.

Clownass
Unregistered guest
Go for the Phoenix Gold.

Better build quality and reliability.

Class D amplifier, better for running that sub. If you were running a serious SQ setup, the an A/B amp would make sence. But, based on the sub you are running, it is clear that that is not the case and thus the PG would fit better.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 292
So if it was a 600wrms class D RF vs that PG - u guys would still have him choose PG over RF ?

Has PG surpassed RF in quality ? i always thought Rf was the better company .....

Clownass
Unregistered guest
I would take the PG Xenon over any of RF's current amps.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4591
Kind of middle road for both of them. PG is improving their image, and are getting some good stuff out. Especially the Ti Elites, which are Morel drivers :-). Rockford just doesn't have the engineering talent that they used to have, they can put together a pretty good amplifier, but they just don't seem to have the ability to put out a product that excels anywhere, value is where they are getting slaughtered.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 294
'PG is improving their image' - hmmmm , like most companies mass producing , i thought they were 1 of those running down $ & going downhill too .

Clownass
Unregistered guest
"PG is improving their image, and are getting some good stuff out."

Are you saying that PG's current line up is better than the older Titanium / Tantrum amps?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4593
"Are you saying that PG's current line up is better than the older Titanium / Tantrum amps?"

I wouldn't go that far, I'm comparing current Phoenix Gold of now to the Phoenix Gold of years ago, after they slumped and were making absolute piles of crap. But the point of that statement was that they seem to be trying to improve their image in the high end sort of things, like the Ti Elite components. Basically, improving their appeal to the competitor, not across the board by any means, but little by little perhaps.

Clownass
Unregistered guest
"I'm comparing current Phoenix Gold of now to the Phoenix Gold of years ago, after they slumped and were making absolute piles of crap"

How many years ago?

Are you refering to amps, speakers or both?

What were the names of the models that were total crap?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us