Bypass parking brake on alpine iva d310

Username: Joshd

CT, 06320

Post Number: 2
i just bought an alpine iva d310 so my daughter could watch videos on our frequent long trips. I realize the safety concerns but can the parking brake safety feature be bypassed? The installer told me it had to do with the parking brake but couldn't legally tell me how to do it. I read about grounding the yellow/blue wire (parking brake) but it doesn't seem to work. Unless i'm not grounding it correctly. What is a solid ground under there?

Anonymous

The old systems ie 1st generation (Alpine, Clarion, Pioneer) you could do that! Due to the lawsuit happy new world we live in, new 4th, 5th and 6th generation DVD multimedia have a gyro sensor inside to detect vehicle movement (also incorporated into the gauge features in some models ie speedo, g-force and GPS) and automatically interrupt the video feed to the front moniter. Rear output and other video channels will function! JUST NO FRONT VIDEO WHILE VEHICLE IS IN MOTION! So good luck to all the rocket/gyro scientists. Hope you get it to work.

Anonymous

Appears that you have to ground two dif wires on the 310. One with a toggle (to simulate the brake tap) and one on a constant switch (to simulate pulling up the E brake)

Have Fun

Bronze Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 48
By the PAC BYPASS(trigger) and forget the switches, much cleaner and never need to turn something on/off

Bronze Member
Username: Thugginpali96

Post Number: 14
I have the same tv in my car and the shop i took it to to get installed put in these switches to bypass them. So it possible to work but i had to sign something.

Unregistered guest
i bought the d310 few days back, and had the same problem, the parking brake lead has two wires coming off it at the end, all you have to do is connect one of them to ground and it works, oh yea and the d310 is amazing!!!! you can do so much more with it grounded.

Anonymous

i have the iva-d310 and i got sound coming out of everything, but i can't get a video in dvd mode but i get the sound of the movie and everything, what is wrong with my wiring?

Username: Wildstarxxx

Post Number: 1
I'm having the same problem with my D310.

I can hear the DVD playing but no video appears.

Please Help.
THX

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1642
By the bypass box off of ebay.......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us