PLEASE HELP WITH AMP/SUBS HOOKUP!!!

Carolinablue637
Unregistered guest
Ok now i know that everyones going to be talkin bad about the amp but its all i could afford so please help. I have a volfenhag 2400 max amp. The RMS is 400Wx2CH@2ohm,280Wx2CH@4ohm,800Wx1CH@4ohm and its 2 ohm stable stereo. My friend has a 1600max one and it makes his subs sound amazing. I have two 12 inch alpine type r's and i have them wired so that one negative and one positive are connected together and then i run the other positive and the other negative to the terminals on the box for both subs. i then take both the positives and negatives and connect them to the amp so its bridged and all it does is make the subs quiver. i dont know what to do and the guy i bought it from is being a **** so i come to you guys who know WAY more then me for help. thanks guys for all this stuff on here. i browse alot but have never asked a question

Silver Member
Username: Pikesh

Post Number: 143
u need to do parallel wiring... put 2 ohms of load on each sub so that they bto give you 800 watts ... ur still gunna be missing another 100 watts since rms of type r is 500 but its all good.. this is how u should wire themUpload

Silver Member
Username: Pikesh

Post Number: 144
ohh wait its not mpno amp... sh!t ok this site will help u A LOT. u can get the diagram off here.... also u didnt mention if ur subs are SVC or DVC soo just go to this site n it will save u tons
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wi ring.html

carolinablue637
Unregistered guest
thanks alot!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us