WATTS question...

Silver Member
Username: Pikesh

Post Number: 125
hi guys i have 2 10" infinities in dual band pass enclosure.. http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10040094&catid=11051&logon=&langid=EN now people may think bandpass enclosure is not the best but the one i have is the best of all band passes.. i am running them with alpine mrd m300 mono amp... everything is going nice but i have a question .. how do i know if i am giving them the best power... i mean they areloud but i want them to bang at the best level so what should i do... the doesnt have have gain of LPF setting its digi amp and for LPF it has LPF ON/OFF function not that u can set it... also this is how i wired my woofers to put 2 ohms of load on these subs so that the amp would give them higher rms...http://ecominet2.alpine-usa.com:7777/pls/admn/item_info1a?p_item_name=MRD-M300&p_category=40&p_subcategory=140&p_main=10&p_more=y

CAN Some one tell me what are the best settings i can have to get the best performance from what i have the pic attached with this to show how they are wired....Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 126
sorry i think it has a feture to select too.. lol so can u plz tell me what should i set to what level.. thnx

Silver Member

Post Number: 130
up

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
sigh up

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4154
Those b*tard Futureshop lied. That sub will not take 1000w. You will destory it. I think those azz wipes do it on purpose, making false statements in their ads to get attention.
Anyways, digital amps are not good for subs. On paper, they sound like the greatest, but in reality, they don't pound as much. I have class T amp. For 500w rms, it sounds as loud as my other 200w amp.
If you haven't already bought the amp, then get another brand. Alpine amps are overrated.

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
thnx isaac for the reply.... i got the alpine amp for free .... its my friends amp so he just gave it to me cuz he brought a new one for him self... i did pay for the subs at future shop and also brought 4 years of warranty so if i blow i get new ones....

" also what do u mean by i will destroy it dude?" cuz i think that subs sound like good lol?:S

i doubt if i am going to buy ne thing else for the car man. by looking at what i have, how bad it is and how can i get tthe best performance.... so far... the subs sound great to me.. i mean i am not a techy person but as a newbie who just wants some bass alli can say system bangs lol futureshop f*kin lie... ur rie but thats all i have dude..so tell me what should i set to what to get the best loud sound with damaging subs or amp..

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
ohh " did u mean that if i give more power to the sub it will blow since it cannot take 1000 watt? well by looking at the amp i dont think i will give it too much power... i agree with what u said above but the amp is for free so i spent money on other things because the system was budgeted.. so yeah PLZ look at what i have n tell me how can i get the best loud sound of it..plz refer to amp specs to tell me what should i set to what.. thanx a lot isaac

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
uhoh.... geez ANOTHER thing this is something that i thought i need to set may be?:S but to what
Low Pass Crossover Frequency (Selectable) : 30Hz - 200Hz (1/6 oct. Steps or Off)
Number of Time Correction Channels : 1
Parametric EQ "Width" (Selectable) : 1,3 ("Q")
Parametric EQ Frequency (Selectable) : 30 Hz - 160Hz (1/3 Oct. Steps)
Parametric EQ Level (Selectable) : ±10dB (2dB Steps)
Subsonic Filter Range : 15Hz - 50Hz (5Hz Steps) or OFF
Subwoofer Level Adjustment Range (With RUX-4180 or RUX-4280 Connected) : -15dB to 0dB (11 Steps RUX-4280

i think this is what i giving.. RMS Power (at 12V,20Hz-200Hz)

Per channel into 2 ohms : 200W x 1 ...200 watts to 2 subs each..

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 273
Correct me if i'm wrong - but aren't Infinity subs designed for SQ & should be placed in a sealed box ?

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 631
Pikeshp, who wired your subs? Right now they are wired to an 8-ohm load, and you are not going to be getting much power from your amp. Wire them in parallel to get the most power from you amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
well you are not wrong... i mean i am shure they would sound lil better in poerted or sealed than bandpass but i got an amazing deal for that dual box so its not that bad and soem tech guy said that the band pass i have its not bad as other ones the box its not the concern its what should i set the things to lol also... i would never be able to provide 250 rms with the amp i have soo does it mean that i would never blow them if i crank em up LOUD to the full.. ps there is this over light that goes on my deck the amp manual says i am supossed to set the deck to t he level wen the lights go on mean s i will blow if i go more than that?

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
HEY ISAAC!.... wel i wired the subs my self.. the future shop guy told me to do this n said this would pput MAX load on subs from amp:S:S:@..... IF YOU CAN PLZ DRAW me a pic in paint to show how they should be wired then ti would be very help ful dude.. i did dearch a lot went to Rockford fosgate website, its pretty ez but there is no explanation:-(:$ LOL i am nto dumb just not audio guy... or if u can provide brief explanation like + fomr amp goes to sub 1 n like that..

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
the one i have wired now is like this in the pic and here is explanation lol

POsitive and negative from amp goes straight to sub #1. then another speaker wire goes from + terminal of sub#1 to sub number#2 connecting to postive again... and negative is connected to negative tooo.. soo its like positive to positive and negative to negative..

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 632
Sh*t, NVM. I looked at your pic wrong. Where the wires cross going to the second sub, they cross really close and I got the 2 of them confused. You got it right dog, my bad. You have a 2-ohm load there, perfect for your amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
also if its 8ohms they why do subs still bang?:S its 8 ohmz is better than 4? and 2 is goign to be better. then everything?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4159
That's parallel connection. Therefore, since your subs are 4ohms and probably SVC, you'll get 2ohm load.
Those subs are not 1000w rms as stated on Futureshop's site. They're playing mind games.
Bandpass is good for getting more SPL, but not SQ. You will notice that depending on what frequency the ports were tuned to, the subs will go crazy when it encounters sounds beyond that.
Best way to test is by using tones. Play from 20Hz to 150Hz. You will be able to see and tell when a frequency is out of tune.

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
aiite thnx isaac... i pretty much think that the subs pretty band ... 2 more questions dude...

1: since the subs have rms of 250 n i can only prive 200 watts from amp, i would never blow the subs with that amp rie even if i crank that sh!T up( cuz there is this indicator on my amp that lits up wen i kinda crank it up..:S the manual says its the input level, dun tknow what it does n how should i use this )
2: to get the best loud sound frmo what i have what should i set and to what level eg: LPF or somethign w.e the list is on the amp website above and i also have posted in one of my post , if u can plz tell me what to do then ill be set:D if u can plz prove with something like this
LPF: 50- 90 LOL i dont know if its 50 hz or w.e but plz provide with something liek that so that its ez for u n me.

Silver Member

Post Number: 142
bump yeah can someone answer that?

Username: Andy_v

Post Number: 1
hi i am new to the car audio world..i have a jl 13.5" w7 but im not sure whats a good amp for a low budget

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
well 2 things i am not2 familiar with jl audio stuff so u say u won 13.5" sub?:s lol and second... even if u do have that why would u just bump your question in this thread LOL open a new one ... since ur a new member ill just ignore that but yeah if u wanna know whats a good amp, provide some more details about ur sub like peak and rms.... only then ne one can suggest u a good buidget amp...

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9772
the 13W7 is 13.5" as is the JL 13W6v3

The amp you want for the 13W7 is the JL 1000/1
it's about all that'll give good power for that sub since it has dual 1.5 ohm coils.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 290
A guy who can afford such an exquisite sub such as JL wants to know 'what kinda amp ? - budget is an issue ' .

Understand i know you're a newbie , i'm NOT trying to be rude or sarcarstic but - ya got 1 of the best subs around & want to go power it with a lesser quality of amp . Its like buying a Benz & want to power it with a Nissan 6 cyl engine ! - LOL .

Everybody knows Jl make really good stuff so its best to power their subs with 1 of their amps & NOT budget amps. U could actually ruin sub with a budget amp . If it can't be afforded now - then save until u can or try ebay .....sorry if I sounded harsh .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us