Hey Jon or Glasswolf, would appreciate help with my amp!!!

Silver Member
Username: Jbailey

Indianapolis, Indiana

Post Number: 145
Sorry for posting this in the speaker section, but I wasn't getting any response in the amp section and figured it might get noticed easier in here. Thanks.

First of all, I would really like some help figuring out what is wrong with my system. I have been experiencing some issues the past few days where my system will be playing just fine and then all of the sudden will completely shut off. At first, I thought maybe the main fuse blew, but a few hours later I turned the system on and it started playing again. Now, I think it is amp related, almost like the amp is going into protection mode and shutting down or something. However, when I actually got around to checking it out today, I noticed the main led light on the amp wasn't lit, like it wasn't getting any power or something (or has completely died). I checked all of the connections and wiring and fuses and they are all fine. What are your thoughts on possible problems?

The second part of my question is to get your opinions on possible amp replacements if the amp is toast. I currently have the PG X200.4 running the system (front channels to comps and rear channels bridged to sub - about 400 watts RMS to each end). I like the idea of one amp due to space concerns, but am not ruling out two separate amps. I have looked a little into Audison, Arc Audio, Zapco, Tru Technology, and JL Audio and would like to find something not terribly expensive but much better quality than the PG amp I have now. A bit more power would be nice as well. I only gave $350 for the PG amp, and I would like to stay around $700-$800 total, at the most, for the new amp(s). Any thoughts on amps that would be good candidates? Thanks very much for all your help.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 322
Check your ground wire.

Check your ground wire.

Check your ground wire.

The ground wire must make "Absolute" contact with bare metal, and should be less than 18" long, 12 guage.

Also check your in-line fuse. Make sure that the fuse holder is snapped in good.

Check your ground wire.

Check your ground wire.

Check your ground wire.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us