Kenwood 1205db's VS jl audio w3's

markd
Unregistered guest
hi, i currently have 2 kenwood 1205db's in a sealed box, powered by a sony xm-d1000p5 amp. i am thinking of getting 2 jl w3's to replace them. will the sony amp be enough to power the jl's(the output of the amp is , and will i notice a lot of sq and spl difference between the two? any info would be appreciated, thanks.

cainer
Unregistered guest
ive got the same sony amp as you.... what do you think of it, im running 2 12 inch infinity subs off mine in an alfa 156 and it shakes the hell out of it

cainer
Unregistered guest
ive been told that the sony amp is better if you put both speaker outputs to just one sub of around 1000w rms, that sub being at 2ohms with twin voice coils, any opinions out there.

markd
Unregistered guest
for the price i paid for the amp, it performs exceptionally well. it puts out 900w rms, and cost me £230, most amps of similar power cost double that. i guess a more expensive amp may have a bit better sound quality, but i've not heard any, so have nothing to compare it to. i've got the jl w3's installed now in a vw polo, and it hits hard. the jl's have a cleaner sound than the kenwood db's, and are slightly louder. overall, i'm pleased with the system, though i'd still like it to go louder.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us