Let me start off by saying how crappy kicker solo's are...

Username: Bassmasta3000

Post Number: 1
So like a fool I went out and spent about $1400 on some "top of the line subs," 2 amps and box. Two KICKER SOLOBARIC L7 S15L7 square subs to be exact. I had everything hooked up to one kicker amp(the $500 dollar model like kicker told me to do when I e-mailed them. I can't recall the model number off the top of my head...kx1200?)

I had it professionally installed. The subs sounded good...not as good as I would expect for $1000 worth of sub. The next day after being installed one of the subs blew. I got pissed, punched my dad when I got home and sent the sub back for an exchange.

Where is this long boring story going? Well... im just going to sell everything I bought for those damn square kickers. (anyone interested?) And that leaves me with questions for my new setup....

I'm planning on having 4 CRV12 05' kickers in one quad box. (or would 2 dual boxes be better?) And that just leaves me with how many, what brand, and what rms amp I will need.

I'm not looking for anything expensive in amps, just something that will get the job done. The kickers are about 400watts rms per sub....does this mean I will need 2 amps, 4 amps? ANY advice on what amps would work for me would be greatly appreciated...amps are not my strong suit. Also, do I want 2ohm or 4ohm subs? IM TERRIBLE WITH AMPS, PLEASE HELP! THANKS!

Clownass
Unregistered guest
If I were you, I would look into Phoenix Gold's Xenon series mono-amps. I believe, based on experience, that they are the best of the cheap amps.

I would get dual 4 ohm subs.

I would get 2 Xenon 600.1 amps (2 subs per amp)

I would wire the voice coils in series-parallel creating a 4 ohm load per amp. Each sub would get 350-400 watts.

There are other economical amps that will "get the job done," but that would be my first choice. If you are a smart shopper, you could get those 2 amps for a total of 700 dollars shipped from an authorized dealer with full warranty. Very good and reliable for the money.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 599
first of all...you could get two 15" l7's for just over $400...why you paid over 1 g for those is beyond me...the subs blew because of clipping from the amp...the subs are 1000 watts rms...your giving each only 600-700 watts rms...so you probably drove the amp too hard...you really should have a kx1200.1 for each 15" L7...basically your setup of subs wasn't in sinc with your amp...thats why it blew and your unhappy...

ne ways...the comp vr are good subs...enjoy

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 248
Uh - he punched his DAD ?

mickeybe
Unregistered guest
i just bought a audiobahn A2X400HQ amp 3600 Watt Max nd 1600 watt RMS ... does anyone know what kind of subs i could get to go with the amp , i was planning on getting 2 audiobahn 12" subs with 700 RMS but i didnt know if that would work out ... also what is a better type of enclosure a ported,sealed, or bandpass

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 602
make your own thread

Post Number: 2
What Ryan Said : "first of all...you could get two 15" l7's for just over $400...why you paid over 1 g for those is beyond me...the subs blew because of clipping from the amp...the subs are 1000 watts rms...your giving each only 600-700 watts rms...so you probably drove the amp too hard...you really should have a kx1200.1 for each 15" L7...basically your setup of subs wasn't in sinc with your amp...thats why it blew and your unhappy... "

Haha oh man.. I DID NOT pay 500 per sub. That's just the price on crutchfield.com. I only paid 420 for the pair...not bad. Thanks so much to everyone who gave me advice, I will check those Phoenix Gold's out Clownass.

Who's finna buy those terrible square subs from me? (It's a two week return time to get my new sub...ugh)

Bronze Member
Username: Mtxaudiouser

Post Number: 18
how much for the unblown L7 15"

Post Number: 3
I wont sell one sub, I have to sell the whole system. I was asking 600 for 2 subs, ported box, sony class d 1400watt amp.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9738
the kx1200.1 isa a good amplifier.. 1400 watts or so at 1 ohm.
worth keeping if ya go with subs that need about 600-800 watts each, and you use a pair of dual 4 ohm coil subs, or a pair of single 2 ohm coil subs.
I like the 1200.1, with the right subs.
a pair of RE's SE12 or SE15 subs would do great on that amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us