How much does it cost...

Bronze Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 17
i have a 2000 mercury cougar and i plan on gettin a orion 1200d wiht my rockford power hx2 12 which is 1000 rms...i dont' knwo anything about the alternator or anything i was just wondering if you think i should get another battery or a new alternator or somethin..i have a 5 farad cap...but i dont' feel that does too much...and how much do you think gettin a new battery and that installed would be..thanks

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4112
Forget about the battery. What you really need is HO alternator. They range in price from $150 - $299 depending on the size. Get the largest size possible that will fit in your car.
A battery only release stored energy, it doesn't produce it.

Bronze Member

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 18
ok...so 4 sure i need to get one of htem probably...say i do plan on purchasing one and stuff...where woudl i go about that...i know back in my town i have like an autozone and a napa and places like that...do they sell it and install it?...thanks

Bronze Member

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 19
also....say i do this ho alternator or whatever...do u think i'd be safe getting rid of the cap because one of my friends was interested in buying it off of me....thanks

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4114
With HO alternator, you don't need the capacitor.
4alterstart.com and few others sell HO alternators. Either do a search on this forum or read some of the posts here. You will find the links.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9736

http://www.betteraudio.com/geolemon/newmain/battcapalt/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us