Audio shop who shouldnt be in business

Username: Rdff41

College Station , TX USA

Post Number: 8
Alright well I know audio systems pretty well but car alarms is another story. I never got into that real deep. Here is my story I took my truck to this audio shop to get an alarm system put in. I chose the Omega Crime Guard 850i as that was the only brand they carried, no DEI. It has the remote starter with it. Well they installed it the truck started itself once, locked itself, alarm went off on its own and while I was driving (after I disarmed the system). The car audio place checked things said the wiring was right (yeah right I knew it wasnt). I knew it wasnt because I went to turn the truck off and went into the reverse key position (turning the key towards you in the key lock/neutral position) and the damn truck kept running. I confronted them about this they said this is normal. Im like no its not. Well they took out the old alarm system claiming it was faulty and installed a new one. Well it seemed fine except two things. When you turn the truck on (not remote start) it turns the on fine radio comes on radio has signal, no sound out of speakers! It worked fine before this second alarm! It still also has the problem of sometimes turning over and not starting, it then tries again about 10 seconds later and succeeds (the truck is a diesel). So my main concern is how the audio selectively comes on sometimes. I do have an audio system in it as well that I put in pretty much all by myself as I used to install systems. The whole system powers on fine, gets a signal I just have no audio now that they put this second alarm system in it. PLEASE HELP what have they done!? I am baffled by this as I have never heard of this before. I have pretty much had it with this audio shop as I feel they really have no fu**** clue what they are doing. They dont even use wire loom inside the engine compartment, how ghetto is that. I forgot to mention that this shop has a no refund policy so I am somewhere fu**** if they are too stupid to figure this out. Oh and now the reverse key works correctly, not keeping the truck on in the reverse position. And they tried to tell me that previously it was right, pff!

Anonymous

you only have rca's and wires in the back of the radio..
they have no reason to pull the deck out
if your speakers are wired to the headunit amp check the reliablity of your radio
if your speakers are hooked up to an external amp check your rca and speaker wires
something is loose or fried
and if they did take your deck out, check the serial numbers to see if they switched it out for one of their busted ones layin around
should still have your tape or whatever you used
test your amps on a different radio and if your wires are good its time to save up for a new one

College Station , TX USA

Post Number: 9
No, I installed the system myself a week ago. Brand new XXV-05V deck. It has the seperate brain unit. This problem did not start happening til after the security system was put in. The second time that is. RIGHT AFTER....so I know it has to do with that.

College Station , TX USA

Post Number: 10
The speakers do output fine, but not always. I am wondering if they wired something into my audio system that is causing it to fu** up. I just highly doubt my system would fry the speaker wires that quick and coincidentally right after the car alarm is installed.

gildiggler
Unregistered guest
First things first. You need to type proper english, and use proper punctuation.

As for your alarm and audio problem. If you want something done right. Do it yourself.

I would recommend that you do better research on installation shops before handing over your vehicle.

I've been installing for thirteen years, and can offer many solutions to your problems. But the best way to take care of them is to actually see the vehicle in person. You wouldn't write a dentist on suggestions on how to fix the pain in your mouth, would you?

Bronze Member

College Station , TX USA

Post Number: 11
I am currently fixing it myself. The brain was sent back to Kenwood for fixing. They want to see if its the brain. I think when they worked on my truck to install the alarm they screwed up the brain. Who knows, maybe they didnt unplug the battery. I mean it seems they make some very first time install mistakes! I took the alarm out myself and have not yet put it back in. Yes, I usually do my own work I just did not have the time. So much for that! Yes, I did do research on the shop, asking around if they did good work. I talked to several people who said they did good work, problem was I didn't ask the cars they were working on! That was my fault, seems they aren't used to working on a brand new Dodge Diesel. In conclusion, I have the brain sent off to Kenwood for their opinion and the alarm has been ripped out. Whether I put it back in is still up in the air, since I was not extremely happy with the remote start it had anyways. Thanks for the advice, I will update when I get further in this endeavor.

anonymous 27
Unregistered guest
To gildiggler. If I understood Rd's comment he was asking for help and advice on his alarm system not for your two sense on his english and puncuation. I understand that you have had 13 years in the business however I believe it is people like Rd who give it to you therefore to state that he should have done it himself would mean puting someone like you out of business genius of you. Further more when someone writes a comment they are not writing a god damn term paper for a college professor so the proper english is not top priority. I find your god like complex ignorant.

anonymous 27
Unregistered guest
To gildiggler. If I understood Rd's comment he was asking for help and advice on his alarm system not for your two sense on his english and puncuation. I understand that you have had 13 years in the business however I believe it is people like Rd who give it to you therefore to state that he should have done it himself would mean puting someone like you out of business genius of you. Further more when someone writes a comment they are not writing a god damn term paper for a college professor so the proper english is not top priority. I find your god like complex ignorant.

anonymous27
Unregistered guest

Anonymous

Anonymous

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us