Grrrr.. help plz

Username: 69vwvan

Winamac, Indiana USA

Post Number: 7
ok. i just traded my truck for a 92 mustang. the problem im having is getting the stock hu out. what you need is two of these "tools" to stick into the four holes, and then push them towards each other and pull out. Then the hu is supposed to just slide out. The actual problem is that i dont have this tool. ive been using coat hangers and really whatever else i can find. I just cant get the stupid thing out!

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1511
Okay, you need to push outwards with whatever you use (smaller screwdrivers that fit the hole work well). The best thing to do, if your dash won't get damaged, is to wedge in two fairly large flathead screwdrivers on either side, push outwards, and pull out.

Bronze Member
Username: Shamuchef

Post Number: 71
the best way is to take some coathanger wire and cut it into about 6 or 8 inches then bend it into a u shape stickit into the holes as far as you can then apply outward pressure on the wire and slowly pull out headunit dont pull to fast or the wire comes out i used to have a mustang thats how i did it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
if you use the screw drivers you take a good chance of messing up your dash

Gold Member

Post Number: 1520

quote:

the best way is to take some coathanger wire

That's not that great because the coathanger wire is so weak.

quote:

if you use the screw drivers you take a good chance of messing up your dash

Only if you ram them into the sides of the unit and the dash at the same time.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
this method works perfectly its been done many times before i used to do installs for a living its safer than using a screwdriver thats how inexperienced hacks do it

Gold Member

Post Number: 1521
To each their own.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us