Jeep: Adding new head unit to factory system

Username: Mave_80

Post Number: 1
Hi,

Have a 2004 Jeep Wrangler. It has the upgraded stereo system including the sound bar and factory sub.

I want to replace the head unit with one that plays MP3s and was thinking about adding one of the Alpines (maybe the CDA-9853), since my local dealer has some good deals going. However, he said that it may not be able to work with the factory sub, but he wouldn't be able to tell me for sure until he got the car in the shop.

Does anyone have any experience in this? Or even know what the issue would be? Not really looking to replace the factory sub if I don't have to since I'm pretty happy with the sound I get.

Please help!!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9722
you need an adapter module like the PAC OEM-1 with the proper harnesses for it to allow you to use a new head unit with the factory amplifier and speakers.
it'll cost ya about $60 if ya shop around

Username: Mave_80

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the reply.

Are these things typically difficult to install?

The dealer mentioned that to install an adapter would probably be about $220 for parts and labor on top of the price for the head unit and installation. Given that you said you could probably get one for about $60, this seems a little steep...

Also, would you recommend using a PAC adapter module, or would you consider a different brand?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us