JL subs under rated?

Username: Silent_one98

AldergroveCanada

Post Number: 3
ive done some researching on jl audio stuff and discover that their amps are very under rated. i want to purchase a all jl bass system using a 10W6v2 and one of the slash series amps either a 250/1 or a 500/1. the sub is rated for 400W but is it underrayed as well if so i would need the 500/1 if not then the 250/1 would work great. any info would be appreciated. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4516
500/1 is a good match for the sub. If you wanted to, you could also look at their E series of amplifiers, with a single 10W6v2, the 1400D is a great match for the W6v2. If you're looking for something cheaper and more readily available, the Kicker KX400.1 is a great amp for the money.

Bronze Member
Username: Mxl16

Post Number: 26
go for the 500/1..i got a 500/1 and a 300/4 both amps put out a lot more wattage than they are rated. they got some power.. you will not be dissapointed.

my 500/1 out performes my buddies audiobahn crap(so called 800 watt amp). i would go for the 12 w6 or even the 13.

Username: Silent_one98

AldergroveCanada

Post Number: 4
i appreciate the info and have decided to go with the 500/1 powering a 10W6v2 in a seled box if it does overpower the sub a bit i can always turn down the gain

Silver Member
Username: Shouder

Wisconsin

Post Number: 150
there you go. Thats a good decision that you wont be sad with. Also its a good thing to over power your sub a little. Then you dont get clipping and as long as your smart and don't turn it up all the way, you wont bottom out either. Im sure you will be very happy with that set up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us