JBL or JL Audio -- which is better?

Username: Sjdave

Post Number: 1
Hi Guys, I'm still hunting for the perfect subs to fill the bed of my truck with crisp reverberating bass. I'm bigger an SQ than SPL, but I DO want the neighbors to feel the beat when I crank it up.

I've narrowed my choices to either JBL W15GTI or the JL Audio 13W7. The plan is to dynamat the entire inside of the bed of the truck (bed cover too). And put two subs in the back each in thier own ported box and powered by thier own amp.

What do you guys think about these two subwoofers? I guess I'm looking for opinions and how the two might rank compared to each other. Price isn't important, but I do have a budget of about 2k for subs and I'm still not yet sure which amp I'll use to power them.

Any info would be great. I am so tired of hearing the neighbors and thier spanish band music playing all day long. They live across the street and I can feel the bass from thier garage all the way to the back of my house. And it goes on all day long. When they turn it up, everything vibrates.

When all is said and done, I want to make it so that when I turn up the bass no one hears anything except what's coming from the rear of my truck.

I don't care about them playing thier music as loud as they want, that doesn;t bother me. It's the bass shaking the house that irritates me. I have two kids and they nap on the weekends during the day and it's a struggle sometimes to get them to relax and take a nap with all of the music going. I am so fed up. I went over there last weekend and asked them to turn it down and all I got was a blank stare.

This is MY country damnit! Please! Help me make my point!

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 111
I would go w/ the Jl audio 13w7 I've personally heard 4 12 w7's in a truck and it was setting off car alrams at a gas station across the street the bass was so loud no joke. 2 13w7's in a truck would be very loud and should definately get the job done.

Username: Silent_one98

AldergroveCanada

Post Number: 2
go with the jl's they are far better than any jbl stuff

Anonymous

The only problem is going with 2 13W7's is that your going to need 2000+ watts which usually leads to problems with your stock alternater. But if you say that price isnt really an option it will be very very loud and crisp.

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 359
Hey ucfsaxman,
do you member how those 4 jl 12w7's were setup in that truck... I was wonderin becuase I want to put 4 15" SS rl-p's in my truck.... im just looking for a big enough alternator right now lol.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 113
Richard, the subs were actually in a chevy avalanche and he had the four basically going across in behind the backseat where that part folds down for the bed pass through. He had a custom box that was setup right there where the flap folds down i don't know if he could remove that box or not. If that won't work for you, you could put them behind the front seats facing my up my friend just did that w/ for 10's in a ranger. I hope that helps:-)

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 360
Yeah I have 1 15" XXX facing up ontop of my back seats, i'm just not sure 4 15"s will fit across the seats with the box lol. It looks like I might have to take out the back seats completely. Thanks for the responce.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us