Jonathan , Glasswolf

Bronze Member
Username: Skober

Faribault, Mn Usa

Post Number: 12
My Tahoe needs front components.
Guide me to one of the following.

1.Adire Koda 6.1 2. JL Xr 6.5 3. Kappa perfects 4. Focal

$450 budget.. dont plan to amp them initially.
Have a Alpine deck with a JL amp & JL 12" sub running with the factory system right now.

Bronze Member

Faribault, Mn Usa

Post Number: 13
Was just e-mailed by an Adire retailer that the Koda component line was discontinued ?

They are releasing a "NEW" component line in the near future but would not release any details!!
I can only assume any old version were not stock items making them unattainable any longer.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9708
kodas are long gone.
RE makes good components though
nothing will sound fantastic without an amp though.. just be aware

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4059
Get in on the Xtant fire sale. For some reason, people are selling them dirt cheap.
This one amp, 400w rms sold for $80. Last year, that same amp was over $400.
Even the $hitty Pyramid costs more than that.

Silver Member
Username: Acevolkov

Springfield, Missouri United Stated

Post Number: 113
how are the XXX components? they are massive, and i bet they can hit harder than any other speaker, but i got a 12" MT and i really dont need any more bass, just something to cover everything else. I wanna try to stick to RE stuff, so whats the price range, power, and SQ on those things?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4509
The XXX components aren't out yet. The midbass is out, meaning you'll need a good tweeter to mate with them. SQ of the XXX mid will be pretty good, a great midwoofer all around.

Out of the components listed above, since the Kodas aren't continued anymore, I'd probably do the XRs, then the Perfects, then the Focals (you aren't getting great Focals on a $450 budget). As much as people talk about JL being overpriced, the XRs are actually a damn good component system for the money.

Bronze Member

Faribault, Mn Usa

Post Number: 14
Jonathan:

The JL were my next preference, but I'm curious if RAINBOW has components equal or better in that price range. I had looked at Morel a year back but forgot why they left the list I had.
I was on a site last nite that had many options of the 6.5 and every price they showed like a 20% discount on all of them? Had a power outage and lost the site .
The Kid says Rainbow are top notch.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4513
Rainbow components are fantastic, if you can find them. They're simply hard to get a hold of, and when you do, they aren't cheap. But, if you can find their Profi (Professional) components for your budget, that would be an excellent component system. Profi Vanadiums may pop up on ebay around that price, if so, snatch em up :-). Anything below the Professional Line, I'd personally get the JLs.

Bronze Member

Faribault, Mn Usa

Post Number: 15
I'm going with the JL Audio XR650CSi for $270.

What AMP is needed for the component set ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us