Can anyone help me???????????

Username: Mrmoe75

Post Number: 9
Can anyone help me find an inlet for my power wire? I have a 96 Tahoe and I can not find a way to get my power wire from the battery to the inside of the vehicle. Can anyone help me with this?

FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4049
Take a look under the hood. You should see some black round rubber covers on the firewall. If you pop one of those open, you will see a hole. Some of them will lead to the inside cabin. Just experiment. If for some very odd reason, there aren't any, you can always drill your own hole. Make sure that is your last option.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Should I use a hanger to thread the wire?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4050
You use a hanger or wire fisher to find the hole that leads into the cabin.
After that, all you need to do is tape the wire onto it, then send it through.
Just takes time.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
thank you
hopefully this will work

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9704
should.
push it through from the engine bay and you'll see it come out on the floor inside the car.
then just route it neatly out of the way of the pedals and wiring so it doesn't snag anything

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
as you may know already this is all brand new to me. what is the engine bay and what does it look like?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4089
If you look at the back of the engine compartment, you'll see a flat wall called firewall. On there, you will see some black plastic plugs that hide some holes. One, if not few will lead to the inside cabin.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us