Which HU should I get?:

Bronze Member
Username: Nocc1n

Louisa, VA US

Post Number: 24
Alright I'm workin on a new system, and going for sound quality, and wanna start with me HU then work my way to everything else, step by step. And wanna know which HU I should get out of these;
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP
Pioneer DEH-P8600MP
Pioneer DEH-P80MP
Alpine CDA-9855

Thanks for your response ahead of time. Like I said, just tryin to get a good sounding system. :-)

-Scott

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2100
Pioneer Premier DEH-P860

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 826
I second that motion. For the amount of money (got mine on eBay brand new for $330 shipped) you just can't beat that HU.

Bronze Member
Username: Jundi

Post Number: 15
In my opinion If you want flash go wid pioneer and of you want power and sound quality go wid alpine.

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 377
BS firas. Pioneer is flat out quality built. Sure, alpine tends to be too. But the 2005 models have had A LOT of problems with the HU's breaking down (Alpine). Pioneer leads the pack of midrange HU's in my opinion.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2102
I whould go with Pioneer Premier or Eclipse Hu's or Clarion.

Then Alpine and Kenwood

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 197
Pioneer Premier DEH-P860

Thats what i'm getting soon too .
$309 www.electronicgiant.com

Bronze Member
Username: Jundi

Post Number: 16
Ill give you that this year's alpine line is crap. That whole glide touch thing is useless. But im not saying Pioneer arent quility built im saying that tend to throw more flashy features into thier decks. If your gonna compare alpine and pionner, alpine will blow your mind wid about a million featuers to tune your car audio while pioneer will blow your mind with so many freaking colours. Pionner is a great company that meaks great stuff but when it comes to sound quality in my opion you can't beat alpine.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2107
Ok i got my Pioneer Premier DEH-P860mp HU today and i will have it installed tommorow. THis means that my Brand New Eclipse CD8454 will be up for sale. It is under the 3 year eclipse warranty and was installed 3 weeks ago. It is in mint condition and barely used. It comes with everything that i got it with. I paid $500 plus tax for it and im asking for $400 free shipping. Cant beat that guys. First Come First Served.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 211
Just curious to know Y the change of HUs ?

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 840
MO always finds something better.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2110
Thats right David... lol / The main reason is because the Eclipse CD8454 has so many options that its overwhelming and also a bit hard to get use to. I am now adjusting to it and understand 75% of it. I dont use most of its features and that is the main reason. The other reason is it doesnt have Satillite Radio and i wanna get XM or Sirius since the local radio sucks and plays the same crap. So anyone thats interested will get a hell of a deal on it and get probably on of the best Head Units out there pound for pound for SQ and Tuning abilities.

Bronze Member
Username: Thelonewolf

Post Number: 97
MO how much you looking for, for it?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2119
Im looking for $400 free shipping to anyone thats interested. It has the 3 year Eclipse Warranty and comes in original box with owners manual and mic for auto eq along with the sony memory stick.

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 796
Go with the Pioneer DEH-P8600MP

the 9600MP is the same as the 8600MP, but with more "bling"

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 280
+ the 9600 is about $80/100 & i don't like the way the face opens too .

I would advise to put $30 more & buy the 860 PREMIER instead cause its got a higher voltage output & about 3 or 4 features more too than the regular 8600. Go to Pioneer's website & do a side by side comparison on the 2 models & u will see what i'm talking about .

Bronze Member
Username: Nocc1n

Louisa, VA US

Post Number: 25
What about the 940 PREMIER? Same as the 860? Or better?

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 333
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/157929.html

Bronze Member
Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 89
i just installed my premier deh-p8mp. just want to say that this is a great hu. you won't be going wrong by choosing pioneer premier. as far as features, i don't need a million of them. this model is great for me.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2137
I love my Pioneer Premier DEH-P860
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us