My imagination.... let me knwo what u think....

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 773
okay i just thought of something in my head. i think it would be really cool to have a hidden amp and maybe like 2 10inch or 2 8 inch subs u cant really see that u use for perfect sound quality when ur just want to listen to clean clear music. and then also have lets say like 2 15s with nice powerful amps for when u want to rattle ur bones. could you, from the front of the car, switch back and forth? ... like in audio stores where u push the button to switch amps and speakers... could you do so in a car? i think that would be so badass. to just be listening to perfect sounding music and pull up next to some G'd out kids who u can tell they are saying like that aint shiit. and then switch over and blow them away.... plus i think that wud just be better for SQ ... but i still very much enjoy hard deep bass..... i;ll prolly never do this anyway but it was a cool thought in my mind.

i have a lot of "cool" thoughts but i decided to share that one lol.... when i was mowing the lawn i daydreamded about image dynamics sponsering me lol... 4 12 inch idmaxes with 4 arc audio 1000w amps.... i didnt want to snap out of it...

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4040
You don't need 2 different setups to achieve SQ and SPL.
RE X.X.X. 10s or 12s in a well designed vented box will do that.
The JL W7s in a HO vented box will also give you both.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9693
yup. BL has more to do with driver control and SQ than cone diameter does.
a good larger sub with a strong motor and good BL curve can do just as well as a smaller sub, and get louder doing it

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 775
well i have an avalanche.... but i still think 8s and 10s with little power sound great without drowning out the highs at all... i guess just my opinion.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9703
that also depends on how good your mids/highs are.. I've always set up my systems to where regardless of how much bass I have, I always have a good clear front stage too. That takes a little planning and forethought though. If you run a pair of 18" subs with 1500 watts each, and factory door speakers off of a head unit, sure you're going to get nothing but bass :-)

It's just a matter of planning, and balance for the system. If you want a flat response, sure you can stick with 8" woofers and get that, but you can still get the same response from larger subs, with the added benefit of being able to get more out of them if desired.
very few people actually like a flat response in a car, to be honest.
most like more bass and more treble than you get with a C weighted curve.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4047
My system is similar. I get very clear and loud mids and highs at the front. The only time when it sounds a bit shaky is when the sub produces ultra lows that just vibrates everything in the air, including your breath. Can't do much about that.
Try and get that kind of bass from 8". Not possible.
Well I should never say never, cause you never know these days.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 779
i have JL VR somponent set with a 300/4.... i want to get the XR series though... or maybe chameleons or maybe diamond audio.... i dont have the omney right now anyways.... oh and thatd be run off a 450/4...

im building a 2.2 sealed for my avalanche today so i hope i like that better :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us