Final Decision

andythedrug
Unregistered guest
Hi again.After some more thinking I have decided to go with either the re sx or the avalanche both in 12".granted I not too familiar with the avalanches specs but it has to be a good sub cause too many of you with any knowledge on car audio recommend it.i want the best of both worlds in terms of sq and spl or some thing close to it at least-lol.they will be powered my kicker 1200 amp.my choice is in your hands!!!!:-)

Silver Member
Username: Voodoochilde

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 160
sx will get louder, but I think the avalanche would h have better sq. 1200 watts would be great for both subs. Thats a tough one though, the thing about the avalanche is you'll have to wait for the new ones unless you find a used one.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2089
I have the Avalanche 15 and have been testing it for the first time this weekend since i got it from chad like in april. Im runnning it off my CrossFire VR1000D that puts out 1000 x 1 @ 1 ohm at 12.5 volts and like 1332 x 1 @ 1 ohm at 14.4 volts. I have the gain at half way and it sounds amazing. Excellant SQ and SPL. I listen to mostly rap but when i tested it on rock it sounded nice. It is definetly a low end monster and does exactly what a subwoofer should. It blends in well with my componants until i turn up the volume :-). It is definetly loud enough and at times painfull. I have mine in 2.2 cuft sealed in a SUV. Best single subwoofer setup ive ever had and definetly gives you a good balance of SQ/SPL. Hope this helps you out.

P.S. I have a RE 15 SX on the way this week and i will have that one tested when i get it and make a comparision post on the Avalanche 15 vs. SX 15.

andythedrug
Unregistered guest
thanks for the info fellas.so i can get some sq from the sx. mo i will be awaiting you comparision! i want two 12" cause space is kinda an issue.does it matter if i get a 2ohm?cause i dont think the sx comes in 4ohm.
cody--i forgot to mention that i will have the amp running two subs.i dont think i will be underpowering them anyway right?

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 770
mo, i am picking up a sheet of MDF tomorrow and getting started on a box 2.2 cuft sealed. i want it to be extremely sturdy. im going to have 2 crossbars in it for less vibrations. if im lucky i'll finish it tomorrow but i have school, work, the gym , and dinner with my family so i dont know if i;ll get it done. wish me luck 8)

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 192
Even sturdier if ya use 1" MDF instead of the usual 3/4 .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us