Box for mustang

Username: Kazi

Dover, Deleware

Post Number: 3
Just bought a mustang (94 V-6) and putting 2 12s in the back thinking of Type-r's i have an MB Quart pushin 1000 rms with 1 ohm and was wondering what kind of box should I be puttin into the mustang or someone tell me if i can get 2 12s or even 1 that would be good with my amp. And i need specs on my trunk... In iraq right now and cant find anything online about it. Coming home in 10 days and need some answers for my car audio shop i want a custom box made

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 368
Get 2 Resonant Engineering SE's. They are 600 rms apeice and are awesome subs for what I have heard. I have 2 RE12's on the way (step below SE's) I cannot wait. http://reaudio.com/html/

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2086
Chris, you are gonna love these subs. They have the nicest punch and crisp bass. Very clean and loud.

Dover, Deleware

Post Number: 4
I dont like how RE has foam surrounds... i dont want to have to worry about them rotting ... thats why i like the type r's ... And im looking for SQ more than SPL...

Also... anyone have any recomendations for my box?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9676
misinformation.
I have subs with foam surrounds that were made in 1988 and the original surrounds are still as good as new.
foam isn't going to rot in a year of something. It's also lighter and more pliant than a rubber surround, so while it will raise the Fs of the driver a bit, it also increases efficiency.
always trad-offs to everything

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 853
http://www.angelfire.com/ct3/wahlsboxes/

I can design you a box that'll make them subs sound great in.

Dover, Deleware

Post Number: 8
Wahl, I'm In iraq and cant get on to any angelfire sites over here due to the firewall of the government computers. Thanks though...

OK thinking 1 12 re SX (GLASS u seem like you know alot im going to take your advice) just because i have a small trunk and still want a little room... and TCAB said they would design my box for 275 ... does that seem kind of expensive to anyone else? I'm willing to pay the money but want to know if they will do a good job.

Bronze Member
Username: Cbrannam

Mount zion, Il Usa

Post Number: 21
How long is u goin to be home? im in the middle of building a box for 2 12" mtx thunder4000s. That im going to install into an s10 reg cab. The box design says the driver should be able to hit 112 db with just 15 watts. That is just for one box. I am using two of them.

If you give me, the dimensions I can give u an idea of what it will cost to design and build one. I work at a construction company, my job title is a designer, and drafter so I can lay out what you necessities are to build it or build it for you just let me know.

Thanks
Chris

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 856
hey if you're over there fighting i'lldesign it for free. my email is sploosh76@yahoo.com

Bronze Member

Dover, Deleware

Post Number: 11
Thanks guys, Im going to only be putting one RE .SX 12 into the back of my mustang.
heres the specs on the sub

Fs 30.6
Qms 4.4
Qes .32
Qts .30
Mms 183
Vas 47.6
Spl 88.1
Sd 480
Cut Diam 11.125
mount depth 6.875
displacement .16 cuft

Those are the specs I want to Invert my sub also...

My email is Kazzi86@yahoo.com
This is going into the back of a 94 mustang, dotn haver any trunk specs bc im not home to get them... sorry

Yea, Iraq sucks dont ever join the military ... Right now im stationed in Balad, Iraq... about 30 minutes or so from Baghdad. Its in the middle of that and where all the fighting sh*t is goin on in northern iraq...

Later

Bronze Member

Dover, Deleware

Post Number: 12
OK just bought my .SX from RE ... They said they are way behind on orders (About 2 weeks)

They said my Box specs are
Best in a ported box
1.5 - 2.5 cubic feet
and tuned to 34 Hertz

Its only 1 .SX
Im going to be running a MB Quart ra1000 on it
1000 RMS is this going to be a good setup?

Bronze Member

Dover, Deleware

Post Number: 13
OK just bought my .SX from RE ... They said they are way behind on orders (About 2 weeks)

They said my Box specs are
Best in a ported box
1.5 - 2.5 cubic feet
and tuned to 34 Hertz

Its only 1 .SX
Im going to be running a MB Quart ra1000 on it
1000 RMS is this going to be a good setup?

They didnt give me a confirmation number so i was wonder if they are a reliable company to do business with(I hope so)
How everyone talks about them i would assume they are
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us