Speaker Set-up...Im new

Username: Goingnowhere09

Post Number: 1
Here are the specs on a Deck i think i want to buy...(for $250)

`MOSFET amplifier delivers 60 watts peak power (22 watts RMS) x 4 channels with minimal distortion

`Satellite Radio-ready: compatible with XM and Sirius Satellite Radio (XM or Sirius tuner, antenna and subscription required for activation)

`Plays back CD, CD-R/RW, MP3, WMA and WAV formats; Apple iPod-ready (adapter not included)

Is it any good and if so what kind of speakers do i need to get the best sound out of it...like how many watts and such...

Thanks...

Michael(dont know sh*t about car audio

P.S. my sn is Goingnowhere09 on aim and if you want to talk to me strait forward i would appreciate it...

Username: Goingnowhere09

Post Number: 2
the Deck that im talking about is a:

Pioneer Premier DEH-P8MP CD Receiver

anywho...be sure to hit this thread and tell me your thoughts...

Michael

caraudiophile
Unregistered guest
get it.... it's a p!mp deck.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1494
I've heard the upgrade to the DEH-P860MP is worth it if you can afford it. Plus, the multi-function knob is less than useful in design.

Overall, it really is a great headunit. Nothing huge I dislike about it other than that knob.

Username: Tj80

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 3
I'm pretty new to all of this too, but from what I understand.. if you're not going to run a seperate amp, you need to find speakers that have a higher sensitivity.

More "sensitive" speakers require less power input to create the same volume of sound output.

So afaik, look for speakers with higher sensitivity 90 dB or higher.

I'm doing a similar thing, and someone suggested the Infinity Reference line to me. Medium cost, decent sound, and higher sensitivity.

But like I said.. I don't know much about this stuff.. hopefully some of the experts will weigh in.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 821
P860MP is a better unit. IMO the P8MP looks gaudy, and the one knob feature, as Jexx pointed out, is a bad feature.

Travis you are on the right path. Remember, if you spend money on quality products you get quality sound. Reference line is nice, but if you can spare a few more bucks, the Kappas series is even better. Also look into Polk db series, I tend to prefer Polk over Infinity.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us