JL AUDIO 12w7

Bronze Member
Username: Ihaveasystem2

Post Number: 64
what do you think of this system I want to put in 2 jl audio w7s, a precision power or PPI 1500.1 amp a PPI 300.2 amp, some door speakers 4 ga wire kit, a cap, and leave the stock radio, its going in a 2002 Chevy Silverado Extended cabUpload
Upload
Upload

Mikey H
Unregistered guest
Well, im just confused, why the heck would you put all that money into the system, and leave the radio stock!? And btw W7s are incredibly overpriced

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
well the radio usually tells everything when people see a stock radio people dont think a system is im there but when people see a 200 or 300 dollar radio people tend to steal the radio and find a system in it so they hit a jackpot and the stock radio does everything I want I was just wondring if I leave the stock radio can I still put a alarm on it and take the factory one out because the outher weekend my friends Dodge lone star ram 1500 was stolen from a concert and the stock alarm didnt sound and was on so I want to take mine out and put a 300-500 dollar one in it

Bronze Member
Username: Aud

Post Number: 11
this is true but for the best control and balance between ur bass and highs u really need and a new cd player ......bass and treble knobs just wont cut it....u need sub controls......it makes a BIG difference in your system

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4011
Derrick, the alarm is connected to a horn/PA speaker. If you know where it's installed and cut the wire, there will be no sound. That is probably why no one heard the alarm.
Anyhow, you did select good setup. Unless your stock unit comes with RCA jacks, you might need to upgrade or get higher quality speaker to rca converter. Then you will be able to use the amp with your stock and get good result.

Username: Drwheel

Baton Rouge, LA USA

Post Number: 1
I agree with kedrick, it's like having owning a Mclaren F1 LM and never leaving the neighborhood.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9650
1- get an alarm system
2- you'll need something like the JL audio cleansweep to use the factory radio
3- forget the capacitor
4- you will need a HO alternator and deep cycle battery for that amplifier setup. too much current draw otherwise
5- you still need a good 4 channel amplifier and components to balance out that bass setup.

the rest looks good

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
well as far as the cap goes I know it dont do much but I like the look of it. What do youll think of ppi or precision power amps I heard it is a da*n good amp and what brand subs do you think I shound get jl audio or something elce money will be no problem so please give me your thoughts

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
the 4 channel amp isnt needed because i will put the 2 channel amp for my mids and highs and I will use my mono or single channel amp for the 2 12" subs well if anyone can better my system or give me something to look in to please tell me before I build my system what do you think of the idea of the stock radio

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
glass well what diff will it make between the cleansweep and a speaker rca kit as far as sound quality goes how much do you think the cleansweep goes for

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9674
not sure what the retail price is at present. I'd have to make a call to see.
it'll sound a lot better than just a stock LOC though, for sound quality.
you can read up on it at jlaudio.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
glass what do you think of ppi or precision power

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9679
good amplifiers.
I loved the old Art series. the current products are very good amplifiers, and will do just fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us