New investments...

Bronze Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 58
Ok, around January some time, I should have about $600 saved up. My friend might be buying my Volfenhags for about $100 for the pair, so we'll say about $700. I have an Audiobahn A8000T, but would mostly like to upgrade my subs. What could I get that is about 800W RMS, is powerful, and sounds good. I might just toss another of the A8000T's in the back, and get 2 800W RMS subs. Some suggestions would be much appreciated. Since I'll be getting another A8000T, let's work with about $550 for subs. What pair of subs that are loud and sound good, could I get for about $550? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4009
Well if you're talking about next year, then try RE's new X.X.X 15". It should be around $480, and in a ported box, you should get both SQ and SPL.
If you don't care too much about SQ, then try the RE MT series, very loud.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2787
RE MT with only 800 watts? Maybe with the 2 A8000T's...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
Wait, I kinda want a pair of subs. And what is RE's site. I've tried looking for it...and I get a lot of p0rn :-), but it's not QUITE what I'm looking to buy lol.

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 708
www.reaudio.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
Would a couple of their SE be OK? I was just thinking I didn't want to go crazy on amps lol. Another thing, why do they have foam surrounds? I kinda like the fact of not having to worry about stupid stuff like dry rot...And well is there anything else, brandwise? These RE's seem kinda hard to get ahold of, and I don't think I'll be able to afford direct from the company prices...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
Oh yea, I'll most likely be keeping my sealed box, I love it's sound to be honest, it wasn't very expensive or anything, but the lows are amazing even with my cheapie subs at the moment. So if knowing about the box would help any with brands, I just thought I'd add it as well.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
Um, how come this part of the message board gets shut down so often?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us