Which 6.5's to get?

Username: 99redbird

VA U.S.

Post Number: 7
i am looking for a good set of 6 1/2's for my doors. i was thinking about infinity kappas. are these any good and if not, what are some other decent ones in that price range?

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 132
Infinity kappas are pretty decent speakers for their price. I definately recomend them.

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
Kappas are pretty expsensive for a low bueget system lol.

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
Kappas are pretty expsensive for a low bueget system lol.

Username: Phergus

Atl, Ga

Post Number: 9
look into CDTs. I just ordered these, http://www.thezeb.com/p-CDT-Audio-EF-61-6-1-2-inch-Component-System-108381.htm.

Username: Pancho05

Post Number: 10
I read awhile ago that kappas (is it the 63.7i?) cuz i bought a pair and what i read was most stereos cant handle 2 ohm speakers. would that be a problem cuz i just bought a sony HU

Username: Brandonk17

Post Number: 5
CDT-C61
MB Quart RCE-216
Diamond Audio M361

all also in the same price range if you were interested in looking into them for more of a selection.... some people think the kappas have harsh sounding tweeters but its all personal preference in the end... i encourage you to go and listen to a few of the suggested if you can then make your decision from there

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 148
marcusli,

Your HU is not two ohm stable, youll need an external amp thats 2 ohm stable to power the new kappas

Bronze Member
Username: Pancho05

Post Number: 11
i dont know if i should start another thread but... i have a kenwood kac728S 150Wx2 at 2 ohms my question is can i power 2 infinity 63.7i 6.5" and 2 6.9" speakers ( i drive a civic lx 2002 coupe) with that amp or is 2 speakers on the front enough (remove the stock in the back?) also my head unit is gonna be the sony cdxm8815x.

Username: Brandonk17

Post Number: 6
you should start a new thread because you hi-jacked this one as it is.... anyway if you say your head unit is "gonna be the sony cdxm8815x" then i am assuming you dont have it yet... then i would advise you against sony head units... they are overall poor and sony jacks up the specs to make them look good...

Bronze Member
Username: Caraudio

Post Number: 19
Id go with al ower model of infintys maybe 6012is or 6002i's or 60010i's.

I got the 02i's thoes are pretty nice and i was on a seriouse buget well na really:P

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 153
Marcusli,

To actually answer your question...

No, run only the Infinitys off the amp and disconnect the stock 6*9s. Your front stage will be strong enough especially in a small car like a civic.

If you want to keep the 6*9s (frequent rear passengers?) than run them off the head unit, not the Kenwood amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us