Help Please ! -Setting up a good front Stage

Username: Qualitysound

Post Number: 1
I want a Front Sound Stage with a good component system. How best Can i set it up?I am planning to purchase Pioneer DEH 4700 CD/mp3 Player (22Watts X 4)for my Head Unit.

1) One of my friends tells me that JBL 606 6.5" component system (it will easily fit in my front doors)70 Watts RMS would be a good choice. What do you have to say?

Link for the JBL specs.
http://www.jbl.com/car/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=GTO606C&ser=GTS&cat=COS

2) Would a single component system(two 6.5" in two front doors, and tweeters on the dash) suffice, or would I need more speakers/subwoofer etc.? If I need more speakers/subwoofer which would you suggest?

3) Is the Power of the Head Unit 22Watts X 4 enough to drive the setup suggested above or would i need an amp powering it up. If i do need an amp, which would you suggest?

I'm a newbie to sound and on a lil tight budget. I would like me system to give real good quality sound. I wouldn't want to shake the passerby with its power but would like enough of bass and quality for my pleasureable listening.

So, Please guys help me out.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4496
For starters, what is your total budget?

Post Number: 2
Total around 500-600 Bucks. Pioneer Head Unit is coming to 150. JBL 606 components to around 135$ so I've got around 300 bucks still to play around with.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9614
1: get a good set of components from a company like DLS, Scanspeak, Dynaudio, Focal, or Rainbow, and mount them in fiberglass kickpods with mid and tweet together for ideal imaging and soundstage. not in the doors and dash with that much separation.
2: a good set of 6.5" separates, along with subs should do fine.
3: you'll need an amplifir for front stage and subs to make the system sound good.

speaker placement is as important as the speakers themselves for a good front stage

Post Number: 3
Is JBL not good? Actually I come from India, and here the brands you talk of are not available - at least with the retailers of whom I've enquired.

What we have availbale here is JBL, Kicker, Soundstream, Boston Acoustics, Alpine, Blaupunkt, JVC Pioneer Sony etc.

So, GlassWolf, it would be nice if you can suggest from any of the brands listed above.
Also, if you can give me exactly which sub/amp/separates to buy it will help me a lot - I am a total novice you see!!

Btw, I read your article on futility of rear speakers on your site - was really impressive.

So, which ones would you suggest?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9648
of those brands, Alpine type R separates, or possibly Boston's z series components, although the Bostons are a love/hate thing.. people are always one or the other.. lots of mixed opinions on the sound they give
the type Rs are pretty much always favored
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us