ABC AVALANCHE

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 757
hey guys. its done ive completed it. im happy and also left unsatisfied. it seems to be pretty loud especially concerning im only pushing about 500 of the 1000 watts form the 1000/1 but it seems as if it doesnt hit certain frequencys well.... idk im going to build a slot ported box tuned to 26 hz and a sealed box 2.5 cuft and test out those boxes as well to see what i like best. i want something to sound good and slam on all songs not just certain ones... i do love listening to throw it up though! lol a lot of people at school are impressed with what ive done with a "no name" brand sub and only 1 sub. little do they know ascendant audios build is better than kicker and rockford etc. but hopefully they will learn form me because my system is alot louder not turned up all they way than a kid with 4 12 inch comp VRs not done up right.

thanks again to sean. hes been a huge help not only to my sytem but my overall knowledge of car audio. i had a greta time building this monsterous box lol. but as we both knew it was an experiment. i think ur program didnt come out right. ats why im going to try a 26 hz slot ported box and a sealed box to see what the difference is in SQ and SPL and overall performance.

ima go get my camera now to upload the pictures. i forgot to take one with everything done besides the top put on. sorry i got so excited i glued and screwed the tp on without taking a picture first.

all in all im so happy to have my avalanche up and runnning :-D i wish i had tons of money to test all kinds of systems i think it would be a ton of fun. but i;ll just have to keep workin

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 758
i cant get the pictures up right now i;ll try later sorry

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 285
yea a guy at my school had 4 12" type rs and he thought he was wangin well first day of school junior year when i pulled in with my 2 15" adire brahmas his mouth dropped...i showed him my setup and he said that the reason why my setup sounded really good was because of my box...which wasn't anything special...like 7 cubes net unseparated tuned to like 35 hz or sumthing...it was my first box...and all of our first boxes arent the greatest...he just didn't want to admit defeat to 2 subs that he hasn't heard of...when i showed my friends they didn't look all that excited either...but once they heard it they were amazed...it seems like everybody thinks rockford...kicker...jl...and other companies are the best because they market more...which is dumb...

Silver Member
Username: Cnafets

Post Number: 155
c' of 07 woohoo

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2063
I just installed my Avalanche 15 last night for the first time to a 2.2 cuft. box sealed and it sounds amazing ! ! !. The sound quality is what impresses me the most and then the LOW END it puts out is very impressive. 2.2 cuft. blends in perfect with my front stage and i like this subwoofer then my 2 jl 12w6v2's and any other sub in the past. The RE SX 15 will be next.

p.s. im giving it 1000 rms from a crossfire vr1000d with the gain at half way.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2066
I just installed my Avalanche 15 last night for the first time to a 2.2 cuft. box sealed and it sounds amazing ! ! !. The sound quality is what impresses me the most and then the LOW END it puts out is very impressive. 2.2 cuft. blends in perfect with my front stage and i like this subwoofer then my 2 jl 12w6v2's and any other sub in the past. The RE SX 15 will be next.

p.s. im giving it 1000 rms from a crossfire vr1000d with the gain at half way.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 759
mo thats very valuable information to me lol
how much louder do you think the avalanche is over the 2 12w6v2s?

and if u dont mind could u give me the dimensions you made ur box to? i was going to make it 2.5cuft for more SQ but since the SQ is still there at 2.2 i;ll try that. and please specify if ts exterior dimensions or interior. and wether or not you used double thick baffle or just .75 inch. thanks alot

Bronze Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 74
I got my 2 15 ava couple weeks ago mo i cant wait to throw them in man o man!!!!

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 760
i think i might want to run 2 avalanches off my one 1000/1 .... i wont have to worry about blowing them and i should get about 3 db. i want to try to either run them in 2.2 sealed or 4cuft slot ported to 26 hz ... im gonna make both boxes and find out which i like better

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 763
bump

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3468
Trevor my computer has been down so this is the first ive had a chance to see the results of your avalanch abc box. I admit as I have before my abc box wasnt without pluses and minuses either mine hit some notes excecptionally well and others not so well just like you. Ive basically come to the conclusion this isnt a daily user box but can be used for spl competition purposes. One thing you may want to try though that may improve things is suff some insulation inside your center port joining both chambers this may change things more to your liking if not you can remove it again. I didnt try this with my box becuase I cant the way it was built but you can. Im sorry this project didnt turn out like you hoped. Also this was designed with my program correctly it just seems the abc box some mysteries in my opinion that need to be understood.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3469
ps im also going to put my 6.5 tangbands in a new box probably .50 to 1.00 cf each ported and mount them in my back deck. I hope to hit more than my tangbands did in my abc boc 133 db would be nice this time.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 794
thanks sean.... ive come across many more problems with my avalanche... i dont understand...

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Post Number: 1236
Trevor Eaton

Just curious is there an image that you place on the post for all to see, also just how much did it cost you and how long have you been having this funny?

Arr, yes technical specifications on it as well.

Ashley

Gold Member

Post Number: 1237
Trevor Eaton

Are you sure that over loading the input on the "AVALANCHE" I mean this sound's funny that you're having some difficulty with it, did you install this yourself, or was it the car Hi-Fi shop that did the installation alignment and calibration too?

Ashley

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 795
yes i installed it myself but with alot of research... and i hhave multiple images but i cant get them scaled down to fit on here yet.

the box took me like 20 hours to build and 90 dollars...

my new sealed box took me from like 430-930 today with dinner exceptions ... and they are both extremely sturdy and well built i assure you. thats why i dont get what went wrong....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1241
Trevor Eaton

Image, what's the model number of the amplifier, sure it's called "AVALANCHE."

I'll find an image of her then, must I do everything LOL.....

Ashley

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2104
Trevor / Here is the info you wanted regarding my Avalanche 15 Box.

That enclosure for the Avalanche 15 is 29 1/2" w x 17" h x 11" d.

That give you a net volume of 2.20 cu.ft. with a gross volume of 2.38
cu.ft.
allowing for a sub displacement of .14 cu.ft. w/ vented bracing
displacement of .04 cu.ft.

Carpet - Charcoal Grey or Black
Terminal Cup w/ Spring Posts - Gold Plated

Gold Member

Post Number: 1244
Trevor Eaton

This was an interesting link; there more subs hear than the entire US navy.

http://www.lightav.com/car/boxes/xscorpion/special.html

Ashley

Gold Member

Post Number: 1245
This looks to be interring, still looking at and trying to make heads & tails of it.

PHENOMENA Data Interpretation and Imaging

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(a) Avalanches7,8 - Location
- Depth
- Duration
- Type (?)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(b) Earthquakes9
Seismic Waves10 - Ground Motion - Magnitude
- Source Region Details
- Precursors (?)

(c) Explosions11
Missle Launches12 - Location
- Yield

(d) Geomagnetic Activity13 - Location of Particle Impact Zones

(e) Meteors14
Space Debrie
Supersonic Aircraft15 - Type of Entry
1. Explosive, Lower Atmospheric
2. Shock, Upper Atmospheric
- Meteor Size and location
- Ablation Rates (?)

(f) Ocean Waves16
(resulting signals are
called microbaroms) - Location of Wave Interaction Areas
- Wave Magnitude
- Wave Spectral Content

(g) Severe Weather17 - Location
- Total Storm Energy
- Storm Processes (?)

(h)Tornadoes18 - Location
- Core Radius
- Vortex Column Length (at closer ranges)
- Formation Processes (?)

(i) Turbulence19 - Location
- Spatial Extent
- Strength (?)
- Causal Mechanisms (?)

(j)Volcanoes20 - Location
- Energy Released
- Potential for Eruption (?)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1246
Trevor Eaton

Man I do like the nature of sound and the recordings that can be made from it, but it' not possible to archive this with cinema or even car Hi-fi, an acoustical approximation sure, but as to the real thing..............
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us