Alpine F Indicator locked!

Username: Bobbybox

Post Number: 1
Hi

I've recently bought a new Alpine DVA-9860R HU and have been very pleased with it so far.

One problem: I can't seem to get rid of the "F" (F/SETUP) indicator in the display when I'm in DISC or AUX mode.

The F/SETUP key is supposed to toggle on/off and it does in TUNER mode no problem but not in the other modes mentioned above.

I've tried resetting the HU and disconnecting the car battery but I can't get rid of the problem.

I've been through the manual carefully (I think) and I can't find any reason why the F indicator shouldn't toggle properly.

Any thoughts please? I guess this problem could apply to other recent Alpine HU's too...

thanks

Bob

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9585
if you turn off the F indicator in Tuner mode, then switch to CD or AUX, does it come on again, or stay off?

Post Number: 2
Hi GlassWolf

The F indicator setting in Tuner mode doesn't seem to affect the CD/AUX mode. The F indicator is constantly lit in CD/AUX mode whether I set it to on or off in Tuner mode.

Very odd...

thanks

Bob

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9612
this is a brand new unit right?
before I start suggesting things, did you try calling alpine support? that'd be my first step.. just to cover your behind under warranty

Post Number: 3
It's brand new but although the F indicator remains lit I can't find any problem with sound or settings in any mode.

I'll just run an AI-NET cable to 3.5mm jack as an AUX input to my IPOD today and it worked beautifully first time.

I'm wondering whether the software has glitched or I have...

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us