Glass...what do you think of these Alpine Double Din's

allende5
Unregistered guest
Glasswolf, I know you've been dealing with Alpine for a long time. I ran across these Alpine Double Din HU's this guy from Japan is selling. I've never seen them before and of course Alpine has no mention of them on their site that I can find.

I don't really need to get a new HU, I just think they look sweet! My only requirement for my HU is that it can play my AiNet S634 changer. I currently have my CDA-9827 out to my Clarion EQS744 7 band which has a 7v output. Some of these Double Din's have built in EQ's. I just may need to get a line driver for a stronger output.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if you had any experience with these, or can think of any reason NOT to get one. Thanks.

Here's the ebay link. Scroll down, there's about 5 Alpine Double Din's of different models.
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZkyoto-exportsQQhtZ-1

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9557
some of those are older alpine units, all JDM (noted by the last letter in the model# being a J)
the double DIN models are designed to be direct drop-ins for cars with a stock double DIN opening, which you can also tell by the 4 or 6 channel powered outputs.
the MD feature is nice, but MD never really caught on much. I don't think Alpine even makes the 3 disc in-dash CD changers anymore, or at least not for export. It was a neat feature but a bit slow at disc changing.
the in-dash TV is cute, but be sure that's NTSC and not PAL if that's the one you wanted.
that guy is making a killing on the shipping charges although it's not cheap to ship things from jp to the US

allende5
Unregistered guest
Glass, thanks for your input. I have another question regarding testing wire quality. I'll post it under the Amplifier section.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us