Amps have been switched...

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 348
I have the order in for the 2 RE12's and my amplifier. I was going to get a Digital Audio amplifier (owned by audiobahn) but it is on backorder so now I am getting the amps equivelant in the audiobahn line... Are their amps really THAT bad? It isn't the real cheap crap line, it is one of the upper line amps that audiobahn makes.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 819
which one?

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 349
Common features
Class D Power Amplifier
2 Ohm Stable
RCA (Low Level) and Speaker (High Level) Inputs
RCA Outputs
Mono Output
Input Sensitivity: 200mV ~ 8V
THD: <0.05%
Variable Low-Pass Filter: 40Hz ~ 120Hz
Variable Bass Boost Control @ 45Hz: 0 ~ 18dB
Air Induction Fan Cooled
Optional Accessories: ABR100T (Remote Mount Bass Boost Control Knob)
ADM100T (Remote Mount Digital Volt Meter)
4-Way Protection Circuitry: Thermal, Short Circuit, Overload, DC Offset

The A4002T, it's 200 Watts RMS x 2 @ 2 ohm

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 193
There is nothing wrong with their amps (their speakers, subs & HU's are a different story though). The amps are usally a little overrated power wise but they are pretty clean and something the common blue collar worker can easily afford.

I'm currently running their A1504DP (which is a 4-channel digital amp that is stable down to 1 ohm on all 4 channels. It's 150x4 @ 4ohm, 300x4 @ 2ohm, & 450x4 @ 1ohm)...I'm currently running a set of CDT CL-62's off 2 channels (150x2@4ohm) & (2) Alpine R's (450x2@1ohm) off of it and it's more than plenty for me in my Silverado.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9559
if you can stomach buying anything from a company who has business practices like theirs, what difference does it make if it sucks or not if you alraedy bought it?
why ask?

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 352
glasswolf, what amp that I could get for 150-200 on ebay would be able to push 2 RE12's really nicely?

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9565
JBL, Directed, Kicker, Viper, Avionixx, lots of better companies out there

Silver Member

Post Number: 194
Usually I agree with most every Glass says, but....talking about buying stuff from companies with certain business practices?...do you buy gasoline for your cars? Why? They have bad business practices also :D

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9597
nah I siphon my gas from your car at night :-)

I've dealt with audiobahn, so has Jonathan. he can tell you the same as me.. they suck.

Silver Member

Post Number: 195
I was only making humor Glass...my truck is un-siphonable, by the way (has a piched neck and dual screens before the actual tank.

You're mainly speaking of Audiobahn from a dealers perspective, right? The normal person who only buys 1 or 2 amps may not have that same issue...from my experience anyway

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4005
Here's an interesting fact:
5 years ago, Americans owned 5% of SUVs, now it's up to 55%. See why there's such a high demand in North America?
Those suckers give you on the average, 15mpg or less. Sure some start out as 19mpg, but after few years you'll see it drop. I used to own a Blazer. On the first year, I almost got 20mpg, then it dropped to 13mpg 4 years later.
One thing puzzles me a lot. A "mini" van eats up lot of gas. You would think for a vehicle that's mostly empty in structure and space, should give you great mileage, but nope. Something is very wrong with the design.
If I went off topic, blame kklagge and GlassWolf. They mentioned the word "gas".
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us