RE power handling

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 109
I keep seeing that the RE 12 can handle 250 watts easily.... so what i was wondering if it can handle 300 or do you think that would be a little too much

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2060
I have 500 at it now but im easy with the gain and it is taking it very good. Sounds very nice.

Silver Member

Benicia, California

Post Number: 110
well does anyone know of a good amp thats 250w RMS @ 2 ohms?

Silver Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 159
hey MO, i know your happy with putting 500 watts to it, but i am pretty sure that you are cutting the lifespan of the sub down quite a bit.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 867
RE re12 + newbie + 250wrms = crispy fried sub :-)

i wouldnt recommend running an re12 w/ that much power if you dont know what you are doing!

Silver Member

Benicia, California

Post Number: 111
Hmmm :\

So does anyone know of a good 250RMS @ 2ohm amp?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2061
JL 250/1 and call it a day. Im gonna give my brother my RE 12 and my JL 250/1 amp. That should sound nice and be a simple system and easy on the electrical system.

Silver Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 161
WTF??? You just got the thing and have been praising it ever since. Why would you wanna give it to your bro???

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2062
well chris, I just got my 2.2 cuft.sealed box for my Avalanche 15. Ive had the Avlanche sit here since April in its original box chad sent me. I just took out the RE 12 box and put in the Avalanche 15 in the new box and turned the HU on and i noticed the low end and SQ right away. ON first listen it is definetly what people say it is. I listen to mostly rap also and it is perfect for my type of taste. Very clear low end monster. This size of box at 2.2 cuft blends well with my midrange also. I cant wait to test it out more tommorow at higher volumes since it was late and my neihbors whould complain.

I whould say that is a nice upgrade and you cant blame me for giving the RE 12 to my brother. NOt to many subs out there that has RE 12's punch for bass. I loved it while i had it but now its time for my bro to have some bass in this car. I also have a RE SX 15 coming in next week and that will end up being ported. I will make a post about how these subs compare then.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9564
power handling depends on the enclosure as much as the speaker itself
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us